Re: Meanwhile down at legoland

G Guest wrote: January 22nd, 2022, 8:12 pm Yes. I can't see fixtures against Cardiff doing County a lot of good because of their hooligan element. Best for them to pass us on their way down as we reach the championship next season.
Tarring a good (ish) club with a bad name eh? I work with a lot of bluebirds and they are to a man good blokes (I say ‘man’ as they are all in this case men) you do know 'County are considered a 'high risk' club because of an alleged/imagined ‘hooligan element’ don’t you? a few 50-60 year olds in stone island jackets are not ‘hooligans’ they just pretend to be! - I went there [City stadium] a few seasons ago as an 'away' fan to support my 2nd club (a Premier league club) in the home area and had no bother whatsoever in fact I’ve been a few times in same scenario – indeed the PL team I support has an undeserved ‘rep’ as well - wish them no ill TBH but certainly hope we are in league 1 next season whether they are or not (think they will just about stay up).

A lot of the hooligan threat is cooked up by police forces who can then [legally on pain of not allowing games to go ahead] insist on high policing levels which cost clubs a lot of money and help to keep the forces afloat - not denying a tiny minority of idiots exist but honestly as someone who attend rugby as well I’ve seen far worse in/around rugby TBH.

My experience of Cardiff City goes back to the 1960s and believe me their fans are trouble. I think that what happened at Aston Gate on Saturday on its own would tell you that. County are not a hooligan club. Which is one of the reasons I support County and not Cardiff. I did used to go to Cardiff matches but I got sick of the troublemakers and wanted nothing to do with them. They don't need me to tar them. They do it to themselves. Horrible club.

G Guest wrote: January 24th, 2022, 9:36 am My experience of Cardiff City goes back to the 1960s and believe me their fans are trouble. I think that what happened at Aston Gate on Saturday on its own would tell you that. County are not a hooligan club. Which is one of the reasons I support County and not Cardiff. I did used to go to Cardiff matches but I got sick of the troublemakers and wanted nothing to do with them. They don't need me to tar them. They do it to themselves. Horrible club.
I have to disagree with you on this.

There are some seriously unpleasant people who attach themselves to football clubs. They are not football fans per se, they are thugs. They turn up at Cardiff as Cardiff fans but equally the same people turned up as County fans I recall only too well at Telford, Havent and that Swansea Cup tie.

There are also at all clubs a small element of young hot heads. They are easily manipulated but fortunately will eventually grow up.

Finally there are the overwhelming majority of fans at every club who are ordinary decent people who enjoy a football match of a Saturday. That applies to Cardiff, and every other club.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: January 24th, 2022, 11:07 am
G Guest wrote: January 24th, 2022, 9:36 am My experience of Cardiff City goes back to the 1960s and believe me their fans are trouble. I think that what happened at Aston Gate on Saturday on its own would tell you that. County are not a hooligan club. Which is one of the reasons I support County and not Cardiff. I did used to go to Cardiff matches but I got sick of the troublemakers and wanted nothing to do with them. They don't need me to tar them. They do it to themselves. Horrible club.
I have to disagree with you on this.

There are some seriously unpleasant people who attach themselves to football clubs. They are not football fans per se, they are thugs. They turn up at Cardiff as Cardiff fans but equally the same people turned up as County fans I recall only too well at Telford, Havent and that Swansea Cup tie.

There are also at all clubs a small element of young hot heads. They are easily manipulated but fortunately will eventually grow up.

Finally there are the overwhelming majority of fans at every club who are ordinary decent people who enjoy a football match of a Saturday. That applies to Cardiff, and every other club.
Crikey Stan - I think I actually agree with you on that one! joking aside well said

Imagine if they came to Newport and destroyed WRU property at RP. And they will if we let them. All football fans would be blamed.

This rose tinted glasses some seem to be wearing has surprised me. I remember them running through Maindee from Somerton Park and my father stood outside his house in Glebe Street ready to defend it.

Read the testimony of the travelling Cardiff steward about Ashton Gate. The culprits weren't kids. They were grown men. Even the ladies toilet was damaged. So maybe it wasn't only men who did it.

Anyway, such a match remains a fairly remote possibility at present.

G Guest wrote: January 22nd, 2022, 8:12 pm Yes. I can't see fixtures against Cardiff doing County a lot of good because of their hooligan element. Best for them to pass us on their way down as we reach the championship next season.

Cardiff City Football Club is reportedly footing the bill after their fans caused damage at Ashton Gate Stadium.

Yesterday Bristol Live reported how fans of the Welsh side trashed toilets in the away end of the ground after their team's defeat to the Robins.

Photos shared on social media show both the male and female toilets in a sorry state, with the roof panels torn down and debris everywhere.
A spokesperson for Bristol City confirmed the damage was caused, By some Cardiff City fans in the Atyeo Stand - and that the Welsh club offered to cover the cost of the damage.

That offer looks like being confirmed.

Has everyone forgotten what Newport County fans did a few seasons back the damage they caused at Bristol Rover ground (away end Toilets)?

G Guest wrote: January 24th, 2022, 12:36 pm Imagine if they came to Newport and destroyed WRU property at RP. And they will if we let them. All football fans would be blamed.

This rose tinted glasses some seem to be wearing has surprised me. I remember them running through Maindee from Somerton Park and my father stood outside his house in Glebe Street ready to defend it.

Read the testimony of the travelling Cardiff steward about Ashton Gate. The culprits weren't kids. They were grown men. Even the ladies toilet was damaged. So maybe it wasn't only men who did it.

Anyway, such a match remains a fairly remote possibility at present.
Years ago I commented by views on the behaviour of a tiny minority of County fans in the Cup tie v Swansea. You took the view that I was 'washing our dirty linen in public'.

Thugs are thugs. We shouldn't label them Newport fans, Cardiff fans or football fans. They are thugs. You don't solve problems by pretending those problems don't exist. But neither do you solve a problem by labeling Cardiff as a nasty club because a tiny minority of their 'supporters' use or threaten violence.