Re: Drakeford

Bangitintrnet wrote: January 12th, 2022, 11:23 am One thing I have not seen mentioned is the rule of six, in relation to sport being watched indoors in pubs.
Obviously if watching as a group of 6, if someone is asymptomatic, then it limits the possibility of spread to a max of 5 others.
Less so in the walkways and toilets at RP. If everyone could be trusted to flow and go, it wouldn't be a problem anywhere.
Makes sense to an extent but that overlooks that 1) a lateral flows test is only about 60% accurate (better than nowt of course) so don’t ‘prove’ much 2) concourse outlets could be closed to facilitate the opening up of stadia to fans 3) 'getting' covid isn’t harmful for 95% + of people and those people for which it is harmful (and therefore they may contribute to an allegedly possible ‘overwhelming’ of the NHS if they end up in hospital) need to take personal responsibility for their choices about entering an environment where a lot of other people will be congregating (as they would or should done pre covid anyway) 4) a fleeting few seconds walking past someone who may have covid in a well ventilated concourse is ‘safer’ than being sat in a pub even if you are separated by screens – albeit not demonising hospitality here as it has been proved largely safe covid wise.

The idea that sitting in a fuggy pub watching a football game on TV is ‘safer’ than sitting or standing outside watching a football game appears even to my admittedly untrained eye, rather silly…if nothing else surely being outdoors for 2 hours is in itself healthier than being inside?

There is a quote in the Argus stating that all patients in the Grange ICU with covid at present aren't jabbed. I don't suppose when they made that choice they expected to end up in ICU.
The other factor is the people who actually believe in spreading it, like the Covid parties that we saw in the first wave. Simular to German Measles with kids many years ago.
I think the point I am making is Omicron can't be stopped, but can be slowed down. Bringing in the rule of six ALONG with stadium restrictions, is a combined responce.
I would hope that after restrictions are lifted, people will flow if they feel unwell before a game.

Some interesting points raised in the last 2 posts. My observations are; the latest report I've read states that LFTs if used properly have an accuracy rating in relation to the omicron varient of at least 80%.
I'm unsure if the concourses at RP are covered by the Welsh Government's mandate on the 'rule of 6' and table service only. I don't recall mask wearing being mandatory in the concourse, only advisory, or is my memory wrong? Are the concourses regarded as an indoor facility given it's open passageways to the terraces/stands?
Also I read the consultants article about all covid patients in The Grange, and also noted that none of them had previous underlying health conditions. Perhaps some were under the delusion that they were immune from catching the virus also.

Bangitintrnet wrote: January 12th, 2022, 12:54 pm I don't believe the concourses at RP could be made rule of six, which is why we are unable to attend.
The rule of six is for pubs where people gather, but in smaller numbers.

Agreed that it cannot be realistically done, therefore if the concourses do come under the mandate criteria the catering facilities would have to be closed.