Re: Covid

Lost in Willesden wrote: December 22nd, 2021, 11:33 pm
OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote: December 20th, 2021, 12:20 am
Lost in Willesden wrote: December 18th, 2021, 10:01 pm No actual proof yet the omnicon is as vicious as the other forms of Sars(Covid). Deaths are less than Winter Flu at the moment.

But infections...if we compare to flu? Are more or less.

Glad the Port game went ahead today, proves we're doing it right(apart from party's in Covid times).

I hope the Welsh government don't overreact and put our season in jeopardy.
Accept that no proof of the omicron being as deadly as it's previous variants'. 'Successful' variants will naturally become more transmissible but less deadly. Hopefully that proves to be the case.
I do challenge any idea that Covid deaths are anywhere near less than Winter flu though. As best as I can tell 'Flu has killed between 10.000 and 25.000 in the worst years.
Over a 2 year period therefore those figures are less than a third of Covid deaths. Useless things improve significantly the UK at it's current trajectory is looking at approx. another 70.000 in the next year.
Impossible to compare case numbers as testing for 'flu is nowhere near as frequently undertaken as for Covid.
Hope the Welsh government reacts proportionately to the situation as it evolves even if that does mean curtailing the football season.
Well, totally disagree with those figures. In fact the South African Scientist who discovered Omricon totally disagrees with those figures. (BBC, Irish Times Various,) says it's milder than Trump flu.

But if you're a 'Cardiff" based thinker. Then...shut it down...
Have no idea what a 'Cardiff'' based thinker is . Omicron figures produced to date are from England and Scotland not SA or Ireland. You may have have noticed that we do not live in SA or Ireland. Perhaps the latest figures from Edinburgh are more to your liking i.e. saying risk is 2/3 less of hospitalisation from omicron.
As you 'totally disagree with those figures' perhaps you could share your findings with the readers of this forum.

Lost in Willesden wrote: December 22nd, 2021, 11:33 pm
OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote: December 20th, 2021, 12:20 am
Lost in Willesden wrote: December 18th, 2021, 10:01 pm No actual proof yet the omnicon is as vicious as the other forms of Sars(Covid). Deaths are less than Winter Flu at the moment.

But infections...if we compare to flu? Are more or less.

Glad the Port game went ahead today, proves we're doing it right(apart from party's in Covid times).

I hope the Welsh government don't overreact and put our season in jeopardy.
Accept that no proof of the omicron being as deadly as it's previous variants'. 'Successful' variants will naturally become more transmissible but less deadly. Hopefully that proves to be the case.
I do challenge any idea that Covid deaths are anywhere near less than Winter flu though. As best as I can tell 'Flu has killed between 10.000 and 25.000 in the worst years.
Over a 2 year period therefore those figures are less than a third of Covid deaths. Useless things improve significantly the UK at it's current trajectory is looking at approx. another 70.000 in the next year.
Impossible to compare case numbers as testing for 'flu is nowhere near as frequently undertaken as for Covid.
Hope the Welsh government reacts proportionately to the situation as it evolves even if that does mean curtailing the football season.
Well, totally disagree with those figures. In fact the South African Scientist who discovered Omricon totally disagrees with those figures. (BBC, Irish Times Various,) says it's milder than Trump flu.

But if you're a 'Cardiff" based thinker. Then...shut it down...
Unfortunately, rightly or wrongly, whichever way you see it, it is a numbers game at the moment.

The South African study that you mentioned says that with the Omicron variant there is a 70/80% less likely chance to need hospital treatment. However, it suggested that there was no difference in outcomes for the few patients that ended up in hospital with Omricon.

This means that if you have been severely affected by Omicron (and need hospital treatment) then there is no difference in outcome to the other variants. With the vast numbers that we will see with Omicron this has severe potential consequences for the NHS and patients. The threat at the moment is to the NHS not being able to treat these needy patients because of staff isolating. We all need to be responsible now.

I’ve got the ‘vid for the second time. As with my first infection (4mths ago) I’m convinced I got it from outdoor activities, most probably on a football pitch. Bar a runny nose and sore throat, I’ve got it really mild again and am glad I had the vaccinations, and am generally fit.

DeePeeNCAFC wrote: March 23rd, 2022, 8:40 pm I’ve got the ‘vid for the second time. As with my first infection (4mths ago) I’m convinced I got it from outdoor activities, most probably on a football pitch. Bar a runny nose and sore throat, I’ve got it really mild again and am glad I had the vaccinations, and am generally fit.
Sorry to hear that. With cases rapidly increasing again , I wouldn't totally discount more games being postponed before the end of the season.

excessbee wrote: March 24th, 2022, 3:18 pm Not sure if the EFL ruling about having fourteen available players has ever been enforced. Maybe to get the fixtures completed, there may be a need to do so.
Forgotten about that. The cynic in me also suspects greater observed scrutiny of players/clubs LFT tests has resulted in less instances of clubs with a number of injuries calling games off.