Re: Covid

UPTHEPORT wrote: December 18th, 2021, 12:38 pm
excessbee wrote: December 18th, 2021, 11:58 am Looking at the BBC Football fixtures page, only two of 31 FA Trophy matches have been postponed. Perhaps they are not as up to date with information further down the Pyramid. Surely can't be that lower league players are not as likely to contract COVID. :lol: :?:
It's strange not one game off in Scotland as well or league of Wales
Do they have different testing regime's
I don’t think it’s the testing regimes and I don’t think it’s ‘political’ either. I suspect that is is the case that most of the teams will not have full time training sessions with the potential to come into close contact with other players. With full time it’s every day with the potential for players to infect each other.

Notice that it’s three games off now but that is still low in comparison.

UPTHEPORT wrote: December 18th, 2021, 12:38 pm
excessbee wrote: December 18th, 2021, 11:58 am Looking at the BBC Football fixtures page, only two of 31 FA Trophy matches have been postponed. Perhaps they are not as up to date with information further down the Pyramid. Surely can't be that lower league players are not as likely to contract COVID. :lol: :?:
It's strange not one game off in Scotland as well or league of Wales
Do they have different testing regime's
Cardiff Met v Barry was called off last night partly due to Covid.

No actual proof yet the omnicon is as vicious as the other forms of Sars(Covid). Deaths are less than Winter Flu at the moment.

But infections...if we compare to flu? Are more or less.

Glad the Port game went ahead today, proves we're doing it right(apart from party's in Covid times).

I hope the Welsh government don't overreact and put our season in jeopardy.

Lost in Willesden wrote: December 18th, 2021, 10:01 pm No actual proof yet the omnicon is as vicious as the other forms of Sars(Covid). Deaths are less than Winter Flu at the moment.

Glad the Port game went ahead today, proves we're doing it right(apart from party's in Covid times).

IF we are open for business, I hope the club does not attempt to issue instructions / reccommendations on how to live with the virus. That would be unwelcome considering the decisions made recently

Common sense is needed to live with COVID - whilst everyone entitled to their opinion on regulations and vaccines the fact is without common sense the season will at best be behind closed doors at worst abandoned owing to the lack of player vaccine take up.

County ranger wrote: December 19th, 2021, 2:22 pm Common sense is needed to live with COVID - whilst everyone entitled to their opinion on regulations and vaccines the fact is without common sense the season will at best be behind closed doors at worst abandoned owing to the lack of player vaccine take up.
With this variant it should go through the clubs like a dose of salts and as vaccines and natural immunity seem less than great at mitigating re-infection, you may well be right. What’s true for them is naturally true for us. It’s a worrying winter ahead, we just have to be optimistic and hope that we’re here to argue our socks off when this wave blows over and we get our new omicron jabs next year, by then let’s hope the players have the sense to join us at the vaccination centre.

What % of County players and staff have had jabs?
I know a lot are young and wouldn't of had the 2nd or 3rd jab yet.
It would great to know that our club and players are taking this matter seriously, and effectively insisting that all playing and non playing staff to do with the club get jabbed.

Fu Ming wrote: December 19th, 2021, 4:00 pm What % of County players and staff have had jabs?
It would great to know that our club and players are taking this matter seriously, and effectively insisting that all playing and non playing staff to do with the club get jabbed.
Not sure what you mean by effectively insisting that all staff get jabbed, but would agree with them doing everything possible to persuade them. After all they have a legal and moral responsibility towards the safety of all employees and spectators. Therefore feel they are within theirs rights/obliged to make reccomendations on how to best live/behave with regards the virus within the stadium if open for business. Rather than adopting an irresponsible anarchic 'it's every man for himself' philosophy. Of course that may lead to them being accused of being communists.

Fu Ming wrote: December 19th, 2021, 4:00 pm What % of County players and staff have had jabs?

That's getting into patient confidential in my view

UPTHEPORT wrote: December 19th, 2021, 4:54 pm

I think both Liverpool and Wolves have come out and said all players are vaccinated two points doing all they can to avoid postponing matches and wasting fans money and also sending a good lifestyle choice message to both local community and fans.
It would be great if County and other EFL teams could follow the lead.

The person isn't asking for names and addresses. Just how many players/staff have had the vaccine.
You and the rest of the supporters have to remember is you have to prove that you have had the vaccine. Before entering the stadium. Why not players/staff also?

yourfinalanswer wrote: December 19th, 2021, 6:18 pm

The person isn't asking for names and addresses. Just how many players/staff have had the vaccine.
You and the rest of the supporters have to remember is you have to prove that you have had the vaccine. Before entering the stadium. Why not players/staff also?
Agree that players/staff should be treated the same way as supporters when entering the stadium, but remember you don't have to be vaccinated, if you provide evidence of a negative LFT. Would prefer all players to vaccinated, yet would like all players/staff to provide a verified LFT negative taken within the previous 24 hrs.

County ranger wrote: December 19th, 2021, 5:31 pm

I think both Liverpool and Wolves have come out and said all players are vaccinated two points doing all they can to avoid postponing matches and wasting fans money and also sending a good lifestyle choice message to both local community and fans.
Agreed. Isn’t it odd that being immunised against polio, tetanus, smallpox etc is uncontroversial and when going to other parts of the world, Typhoid, Hep B etc etc but a jab against a proven killer like Covid is a cause of enormous argument?
I, like many, couldn’t wait to get my booster and will look forward to my omicron jab next year. Perhaps my generation that had parents and relatives who had suffered with tuberculosis and who had classmates irredeemably damaged by polio are more immediately educated in the benefits of vaccination and remember once upon a time penicillin was a new, experimental drug but it saved the life of millions as will this vaccination program.

lowandhard wrote: December 19th, 2021, 9:21 pm
County ranger wrote: December 19th, 2021, 5:31 pm

Agreed. Isn’t it odd that being immunised against polio, tetanus, smallpox etc is uncontroversial and when going to other parts of the world, Typhoid, Hep B etc etc but a jab against a proven killer like Covid is a cause of enormous argument?
I, like many, couldn’t wait to get my booster and will look forward to my omicron jab next year. Perhaps my generation that had parents and relatives who had suffered with tuberculosis and who had classmates irredeemably damaged by polio are more immediately educated in the benefits of vaccination and remember once upon a time penicillin was a new, experimental drug but it saved the life of millions as will this vaccination program.
Yes odd indeed. Of course their wasn't the social media phenomenon in our generation age of the vaccines you named, Although I thought I was dying after having that smallpox one. Probably not the sole reason but do believe that social media is the primary cause of reluctance/paranoia against the covid vaccine. So easy for misinformation and lies to rapidly spread.

Lost in Willesden wrote: December 18th, 2021, 10:01 pm No actual proof yet the omnicon is as vicious as the other forms of Sars(Covid). Deaths are less than Winter Flu at the moment.

Accept that no proof of the omicron being as deadly as it's previous variants'. 'Successful' variants will naturally become more transmissible but less deadly. Hopefully that proves to be the case.
I do challenge any idea that Covid deaths are anywhere near less than Winter flu though. As best as I can tell 'Flu has killed between 10.000 and 25.000 in the worst years.
Over a 2 year period therefore those figures are less than a third of Covid deaths. Useless things improve significantly the UK at it's current trajectory is looking at approx. another 70.000 in the next year.
Impossible to compare case numbers as testing for 'flu is nowhere near as frequently undertaken as for Covid.
Hope the Welsh government reacts proportionately to the situation as it evolves even if that does mean curtailing the football season.