Re: Johnson

Well I certainly can’t take him seriously. He doesn’t seem to have the qualities for office. I think it is telling that the Labour Party hasn’t yet called for him to resign over this particular fiasco. In all other circumstances they would have. Is this because they had their own Christmas parties last year and are unwilling to put their head above the parapet.

This doesn’t detract from what Boris has done. It’s awful. He has shown no respect at all. Why should we respect him?

I agree with the above comments. However it's vital to take the latest covid developments very seriously and do what the scientists are recommending. The message may be coming through a dirty loudspeaker, but we should "shoot" the messenger not the message.

Morning chaps.

I see your point Mike, it may be correct. My take is that from Labour's point of view what they don't want is for Johnson to be removed and the Tories to blame him for everything and thus ensure further Tory rule.
Jim the only point I would make is that Johnson didn't have any credibility in the first place. Indeed when May appointed Johnson Foreign Secretary I just couldn't believe it. The man is a total joke. Sadly he has made the entire country a joke. This isn't a party political point. God knows I dislike the Tories and what they stand for, but Johnson is a buffoon. He lies blatantly and has reduced the UK to the laughing stock of Europe.

Blackandamber wrote: December 13th, 2021, 10:40 am I agree with the above comments. However it's vital to take the latest covid developments very seriously and do what the scientists are recommending. The message may be coming through a dirty loudspeaker, but we should "shoot" the messenger not the message.
Yes, you are quite right. It is vital that we remember that the Covid recommendations are coming from the Scientists. The Politicians are promoting the message. I should have added that in my post. Dirty loudspeaker is a good analogy.

Labour are going softly on Johnson because they know he is a serial liar, will continue lying, and they would rather him be in office when the next GE comes around. Having him replaced with someone competent runs the risk of the working classes being duped into believing another elitist's promises of a fairer country for another 4-5 years, by which time we'll all be closer to paying for essential health services, inflated out of another 20% of our pay packets and have another 20% of the country living in poverty.

PortandSud wrote: December 13th, 2021, 7:15 pm Tories must be at their weakest point, its a pity there is no credible opposition
I'd have agreed until recently but not any more. Starmer now has square pegs in square holes really punching their weight. I think it started when he got covid and Rachel Reeves had to do the budget response at no notice.

I see the man as suited to being a mildly amusing after-dinner speaker, but totally unsuitable as a politician yet alone PM. It was obvious to me he was a buffoon and a liar before he was elected mayor of London, yet the great British public have elected the tory's with him as their leader into government. I'm in utter despair of the gullibility of those that voted for him. Believe it was Churchill who once said ' there are no better tories that the politically uneducated masses' or words to that effect.