F.F.P.Rules & F A Cup money?....

how does it all work in terms of being able to actually SPEND the money we've made on new players? Is there a cut-off point for having any accrued revenue included in the amount they can legitimately spend on players?.... or is it only available to use next season? Are cup runs special cases regarding FFP?

(Amberexile will know this I'm sure, but anyone else throw any light on?)

Re: F.F.P.Rules & F A Cup money?....

Without seeing the spreadsheet used, it is difficult to say but my inkling is that we may not be able to spend the money until next season.

The good news is that FA Cup prize money and facility fees are part of what is known as football fortune and as such we can include 100% of this in our player budget. The question is, when?
Twice a season in June and December, we need to submit a spreadsheet covering this financial year and the previous one. The instructions for these in relation to FA Distributions is that they are to be - "on an actual basis. Budgets should assume the Club does not progress past Round 1 of any competition".
When we made our mid-season submission (on the second Friday in December, just after we thrashed Wrexham) we could only include actuals to that point in time.

Without seeing the spreadsheet, I don't know whether when we make out pre-season submission in June, it can be used to show that we exceeded the actuals in our mid-season submission and therefore although we exceeded the budgeted spend, we did actually stay within the regulations.

Not sure that helps a lot tbh.

Re: F.F.P.Rules & F A Cup money?....

Amberexile wrote:Without seeing the spreadsheet used, it is difficult to say but my inkling is that we may not be able to spend the money until next season.

The good news is that FA Cup prize money and facility fees are part of what is known as football fortune and as such we can include 100% of this in our player budget. The question is, when?
Twice a season in June and December, we need to submit a spreadsheet covering this financial year and the previous one. The instructions for these in relation to FA Distributions is that they are to be - "on an actual basis. Budgets should assume the Club does not progress past Round 1 of any competition".
When we made our mid-season submission (on the second Friday in December, just after we thrashed Wrexham) we could only include actuals to that point in time.

Without seeing the spreadsheet, I don't know whether when we make out pre-season submission in June, it can be used to show that we exceeded the actuals in our mid-season submission and therefore although we exceeded the budgeted spend, we did actually stay within the regulations.

Not sure that helps a lot tbh.
....wow, did you like, swallow the rule book or something! :grin: I knew you'd have some info on it