Re: GRANDSTAND: Exiles v Colchester

Barnabas wrote:No, I thought the first half was fascinating. Two evenly matched sides trying to break the other team down, a great contest.

What was really impressive was the way we stepped it up in the second half. Two finely worked goals too.

Really impressed with the composure Pring showed for the second goal. Nouble would have put it out of the ground. Loved the way the Hazell Terrace were singing that he should have stayed at The County, but we are far more of an attacking threat this season than last. Not sure he would be getting game time this year.

Beginning to think we are contenders after beating a side like Colchester!
Agree with you on second goal...quality build up, and a very composed and skilful finish.

Agree with previous statements, that could describe the first half....alas, class was the difference with once again defensive resilience, in which Mickey was immense, Podge who was everywhere, and the very classy defence splitting pass from Tyreque Bakinson to Cameron Pring, who finished with Aplomb..... Jamille Matt is a very big improvement on Frank Nouble end of!
COME ON 'U MIGHTY PORT......

Barnabas wrote:No, I thought the first half was fascinating. Two evenly matched sides trying to break the other team down, a great contest.
Bang on the nail. If we say Yeovil was a freak performance by them as well as freakishly bad by us, Colchester are the best side I've seen this season out of eight. Played in great spirit, really good advert for L2 and anyone who went for the first time will be back.

It was good to get past the opening twenty minutes without conceding, and also going on to win convincingly, Colchester were poor, and I liked the way that David Pipe was urging the County players on,and playing very well himself, Well done County, you proved you are not out of place at the top of the table---Keep it going lads ---I thought that we, the supporters were very impressive too !! and------ I mean we in the Bisley stand also !....................Come on the Port !! Bob Bassett.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:Clearly very few contributors these days on here
By all accounts a superb performance against a quality side but just 34 comments so far.
Was looking forward to hearing loads of comments about the game
Seems like this site is gradually running down unfortunately
Perhaps the reduction in postings is due to our relative success to date? I suspect it will increase if we have a poor run of results.

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
By all accounts a superb performance against a quality side but just 34 comments so far.
Perhaps the reduction in postings is due to our relative success to date? I suspect it will increase if we have a poor run of results.
As soon as I comment on any topic my superb combination of wit, verve, style and perhaps a little controversy ensures that there are plenty of responses. Of course as I can't comment on games the match day threads, they have become a little light.

I should perhaps point out that Podge, is our most awesome player and I am our most awesome poster. We beat the All Blacks. Alfie Hale, Tony Byrne legends, and County only a league club thanks to a goal by another Paddy. Not forgetting my fellow plastic, John Aldridge.

Facts, not opinions the more discerning of you already know. And with salutations from lovely Leitrim I leave the less discerning something to ponder on this delightful autumn evening. 8)

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:

Think you will find traffic is up on this forum I'm sure Jack admin can give us the figures

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
As soon as I comment on any topic my superb combination of wit, verve, style and perhaps a little controversy ensures that there are plenty of responses. Of course as I can't comment on games the match day threads, they have become a little light.

I should perhaps point out that Podge, is our most awesome player and I am our most awesome poster. We beat the All Blacks. Alfie Hale, Tony Byrne legends, and County only a league club thanks to a goal by another Paddy. Not forgetting my fellow plastic, John Aldridge.

Facts, not opinions the more discerning of you already know. And with salutations from lovely Leitrim I leave the less discerning something to ponder on this delightful autumn evening. 8)
You also have the mighty Roddy Collins and the incredible Joe Quigley.