weareexiles.net - Voice of Newport County fans since 2005!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
George Guest

Page sacked as manager of Wales. Empty Page sacked as manager of Wales.

Fri Jun 21, 2024 12:08 pm
As above.
wattsville_boy
wattsville_boy

Page sacked as manager of Wales. Empty Re: Page sacked as manager of Wales.

Fri Jun 21, 2024 12:18 pm
Similar feelings to the sacking of Coughlan - not surprised and probably should have happened earlier based on performances/results.

I think he was not tactically proficient for International football. He had no answer to how Armenia set up and played against Cymru. Decent bloke, probably liked by the players and did a decent enough job. But Cymru should be looking to put in place systems that can bring about better performances consistently. And Page was the man for that. Osian Roberts was that man and was rejected. He's moved on. But Cymru need to find a similar candidate...
CountyKiller
CountyKiller

Fri Jun 21, 2024 3:10 pm
It might be time to bring in someone from abroad? I can't see an established club manager like Cooper (I know he is now at Leicester) or Rob Edwards coming in.

Don't know what my feelings are about bringing back Giggs. He did well before his hearing. He would need a good assistant and i doubt the Welsh FA would want to bring him back and face all the negative publicity. He also managed a better squad
sjg99
sjg99

Sat Jun 22, 2024 10:07 pm
For me it makes very little difference who the coach is, the players aren't good enough at the moment. Poland were the first team eliminated from Euro 2024 and Wales couldn't beat them at home.

Wales' relative success can be easily measured in numbers of world class, top level Premier League/other big European, lower half top tier, and Championship players.

There are few if any of the first two categories, and too many of the last. Without a coach with a specific style and enough time to coach it (see Rangnick at Austria) by default they're going to be at best on the fringes of qualification again, even with the expanded qualification tournaments.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum