Re: TRUST MEMBERS SURVEY

Amberexile wrote: April 6th, 2024, 2:08 pm
Chris Davis wrote: April 6th, 2024, 1:16 pm
Amberexile wrote: April 6th, 2024, 12:46 pm
Chris Davis wrote: April 6th, 2024, 9:09 am
Jonesy3 wrote: April 6th, 2024, 8:45 am So the survey is now available to anyone, Trust member or not.

It can also be filled in multiple times, leaving the process totally open to manipulation.

A pointless shambles. Like most things the Trust does.
I think that a problem is that there is no specific private group for Trust members on FB or anywhere. So, if someone judges that there is an issue of significance for only Trust members to discuss via social media or the web, it is simply not possible.
I am disinclined to follow a link provided on an anonymous message board in order to complete this survey. The Trust needs to get this sorted out and provide a reliable process to gather our feedback.

I have looked at the questionnaire and find it hugely disappointing even knowing that the replies will not be used to guide the SGM, this shows no appetite for change.

Jobs for the boys comes to mind.
I definitely think that the Board member responsible for managing the survey process should have made sure this process worked and now gets it to work pronto. However, the link provided on the FB page does take you to where you were intended to be taken if the Trust's link had worked properly. My concern is, if the survey is accessed other than by what was intended to be a link via the Trust's email, that people who are not Trust members can complete the survey. This is not necessarily bad because it just gives a wider response but is obviously not what was intended - a response from Trust members only.

I'm not sure that the survey questions show no appetite for change and so is "hugely disppointing". What might you liked to have seen on the survey form?

The replies will definitely not influence the SGM . According to the Trust they are to guide the new board in the Future direction of the Trust. The new Board will not be elected until way after the SGM.
Again, relying on an assurance from a poster on an anonymous message board that a link is valid is sub-optimal to say the least. I understand that people are trying to be helpful, I have also seen the consequences of people following malicious links.

wrt to the survey, I would have liked it to have been the first in a series which drilled down into the desires of the membership, seeking their views rather than a series of we want to do X, do you agree type questions. It gives the impression that the outcome is pre-determined and the survey is merely paying lip service to a half-hearted promise especially when the timing of it is taken into account. The one area which does seek opinion about ring fencing funds I believe will lead nowhere when the practicalities of doing so are encountered with the Trust donations going to the playing budget.
I think there are two disadvantages to your approach. The first is that Trust members would get 'survey weary' and exponentially not respond to each subsequent survey. The second is that the more you 'open' a survey the more random and meaningless the responses become - not least because people find it easier to have something presented them on a plate compared to having to make up the menu, so to speak.

Chris Davis wrote: April 6th, 2024, 2:20 pm
Amberexile wrote: April 6th, 2024, 2:08 pm
Chris Davis wrote: April 6th, 2024, 1:16 pm
Amberexile wrote: April 6th, 2024, 12:46 pm
Chris Davis wrote: April 6th, 2024, 9:09 am
Jonesy3 wrote: April 6th, 2024, 8:45 am So the survey is now available to anyone, Trust member or not.

It can also be filled in multiple times, leaving the process totally open to manipulation.

A pointless shambles. Like most things the Trust does.
I think that a problem is that there is no specific private group for Trust members on FB or anywhere. So, if someone judges that there is an issue of significance for only Trust members to discuss via social media or the web, it is simply not possible.
I am disinclined to follow a link provided on an anonymous message board in order to complete this survey. The Trust needs to get this sorted out and provide a reliable process to gather our feedback.

I have looked at the questionnaire and find it hugely disappointing even knowing that the replies will not be used to guide the SGM, this shows no appetite for change.

Jobs for the boys comes to mind.
I definitely think that the Board member responsible for managing the survey process should have made sure this process worked and now gets it to work pronto. However, the link provided on the FB page does take you to where you were intended to be taken if the Trust's link had worked properly. My concern is, if the survey is accessed other than by what was intended to be a link via the Trust's email, that people who are not Trust members can complete the survey. This is not necessarily bad because it just gives a wider response but is obviously not what was intended - a response from Trust members only.

I'm not sure that the survey questions show no appetite for change and so is "hugely disppointing". What might you liked to have seen on the survey form?

The replies will definitely not influence the SGM . According to the Trust they are to guide the new board in the Future direction of the Trust. The new Board will not be elected until way after the SGM.
Again, relying on an assurance from a poster on an anonymous message board that a link is valid is sub-optimal to say the least. I understand that people are trying to be helpful, I have also seen the consequences of people following malicious links.

wrt to the survey, I would have liked it to have been the first in a series which drilled down into the desires of the membership, seeking their views rather than a series of we want to do X, do you agree type questions. It gives the impression that the outcome is pre-determined and the survey is merely paying lip service to a half-hearted promise especially when the timing of it is taken into account. The one area which does seek opinion about ring fencing funds I believe will lead nowhere when the practicalities of doing so are encountered with the Trust donations going to the playing budget.
I think there are two disadvantages to your approach. The first is that Trust members would get 'survey weary' and exponentially not respond to each subsequent survey. The second is that the more you 'open' a survey the more random and meaningless the responses become - not least because people find it easier to have something presented them on a plate compared to having to make up the menu, so to speak.
But the one over riding advantage is that we would actually find out what people want rather than force feed them what the failed board want.

A couple of hours ago, I received an email from the Trust acknowledging the failed link and saying they need technical assistance to resolve it. In the meanwhile they suggest that you email the Trust. They also remind people that the survey is for Trust members only. I suspect though that that particular horse has bolted.

Colin Everett posted this earlier on FB

"Trust Survey
A number of Trust members have fed back that they have not been able to open the link to access the survey. An update email has just been sent out by the Trust.
I have helped with the survey alongside other voluntary tasks, in the background, to help both the Trust and the Club settle back down after the change to the new ownership model. I am neither a Trust or Club Director but, given the limited volunteer capacity within the Trust as things stand, I am just helping out. The survey link was tested before the first email was sent out yesterday and it worked perfectly - I was part of the sample group so can vouch for that. There seems to be a technical problem which needs to be fixed. This is frustrating for everyone involved.

If you try cutting and pasting the link into your browser you may find that you can access the survey. This has worked for some, whilst a fix is made. We can of course ask the Trust to put the closing date back a few days to give everyone more time to complete the survey.

The survey is for Trust members only. The link has been publicised openly on several social media platforms. The Trust is relying on people's honesty to only complete it if you are a Trust member. The survey is, quite correctly, anonymous so that members can express their views as openly as they feel.
The purpose of the survey, as explained in the introductory email, is as was set out at the AGM back in January. The content is also based on the presentation made, and the discussion which followed, at the AGM. Therefore, it should largely be as expected for those who were in attendance.

I hope that this explanation helps.

Kind regards.

Colin......"