Re: Grandstand: Grimsby Town FC versus Newport County A.F.C

Percy plunkett wrote: April 6th, 2024, 5:29 pm
flat4 wrote: April 6th, 2024, 4:31 pm
Chepstow'sFine wrote: April 6th, 2024, 4:26 pm
Stan A. Einstein wrote: April 6th, 2024, 4:22 pm
Exile 1976 wrote: April 6th, 2024, 3:57 pm What an awful first half of football. Two poor sides.
Just a guess on my part, but I am beginning to wonder if Graham Coughlan has been told he won't be manager next season.
Love that wouldn’t you Stan.
Don`t think he is a mile off, if rumours of sitings of a ex player/manager are to be believed.
Tell us more.
Assuming he means an ex player/manager of ours, have we had more than one and did he actually play while manager?

Amberexile wrote: April 6th, 2024, 5:37 pm
Exile 1976 wrote: April 6th, 2024, 3:57 pm What an awful first half of football. Two poor sides.
Just a guess on my part, but I am beginning to wonder if Graham Coughlan has been told he won't be manager next season.
Don`t think he is a mile off, if rumours of sitings of a ex player/manager are to be believed.
Tell us more.
Assuming he means an ex player/manager of ours, have we had more than one and did he actually play while manager?
You mean the gentleman who was sacked twice within a year recently.

Percy plunkett wrote: April 6th, 2024, 6:00 pm
Amberexile wrote: April 6th, 2024, 5:37 pm
Tell us more.
You mean the gentleman who was sacked twice within a year recently.
That's the only one I can think of.

Cannot believe some are calling for Coughlan to be sacked. He has kept the club above the relegation zone with a small budget, squad and an injury list that defies logic.
When you look at clubs like FGR, Salford and Swindon who are well below us with much more cash and a bigger, better squad of players you get a reality check.
I respect Coughlan but not some of our players because they are not running themselves into the ground, mentally and physically weak and are letting our great club down.
There is so much dead wood in the squad the axe has to fall on many players. Not mentioning names some do not care if we lose as long as they are paid a wage.
Coughlan deserves another season and Mr. Jenkins if you give him enough cash to buy decent players he will stand and deliver.

somerton moss wrote: April 6th, 2024, 11:06 pm Cannot believe some are calling for Coughlan to be sacked. He has kept the club above the relegation zone with a small budget, squad and an injury list that defies logic.
When you look at clubs like FGR, Salford and Swindon who are well below us with much more cash and a bigger, better squad of players you get a reality check.
I respect Coughlan but not some of our players because they are not running themselves into the ground, mentally and physically weak and are letting our great club down.
There is so much dead wood in the squad the axe has to fall on many players. Not mentioning names some do not care if we lose as long as they are paid a wage.
Coughlan deserves another season and Mr. Jenkins if you give him enough cash to buy decent players he will stand and deliver.
I don't think anyone has called for Coughlan to be sacked. Certainly not me, if it were my decision I'd extend his contract. What I am saying is that there seem to be indications that Graham Coughlan may be on the move.

somerton moss wrote: April 6th, 2024, 11:06 pm Cannot believe some are calling for Coughlan to be sacked. He has kept the club above the relegation zone with a small budget, squad and an injury list that defies logic.
Fortunately, it's not the small minority of fan's decision and I think the big majority of fans are still behind GC because they recognise what he has done whilst he's been here. On the other had, Mr Jenkins has to think about what he can do in the future as he sees it and not what GC has done in the past. But there is little sentiment in football - especially when it comes to managers.
Last edited by Chris Davis on April 7th, 2024, 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: April 6th, 2024, 11:41 pm
I don't think anyone has called for Coughlan to be sacked. Certainly not me, if it were my decision I'd extend his contract. What I am saying is that there seem to be indications that Graham Coughlan may be on the move.
Still sticking to your bad faith argument your honour?

Chepstow'sFine wrote: April 7th, 2024, 8:38 am

Still sticking to your bad faith argument your honour?
Try trawling back through my posts if you have doubts. I often wonder what it is that makes some posters attribute to me views I don't hold. On reflection I think it's fear. It is a stark reality that one day you will die. The overwhelming majority of even the people you know will on the day you die will be more concerned with the bill from the electric company that has just arrived. Nobody, myself included, wants to be told that. And we all feel uncomfortable when we are reminded of that and berate the messenger.

If that's the case with yourself, I understand. Then again you might just be an idiot. :grin:

Bangitintrnet wrote: April 7th, 2024, 10:19 am If a person keeps telling everyone that they are a fan of fan ownership, but didn't and never have joined the trust, then the people see through you, as your actions don't link with the sentiment.

Similarly why would an individual keep putting forward the idea that the manager is under threat, if he didn't want it to happen. He would keep his mouth shut....

Simples

Sorry, but that’s nonsense. If you hear things about a manager/player, regardless of whether you like them or not, most would discuss it with their fellow fans on their supporters forum. Why would anyone keep quiet about it??

Exile 1976 wrote: April 7th, 2024, 10:29 am
Bangitintrnet wrote: April 7th, 2024, 10:19 am If a person keeps telling everyone that they are a fan of fan ownership, but didn't and never have joined the trust, then the people see through you, as your actions don't link with the sentiment.

Similarly why would an individual keep putting forward the idea that the manager is under threat, if he didn't want it to happen. He would keep his mouth shut....

Simples

Sorry, but that’s nonsense. If you hear things about a manager/player, regardless of whether you like them or not, most would discuss it with their fellow fans on their supporters forum. Why would anyone keep quiet about it??
It's just the start of his usual nonsense! Best ignored.