Re: Evans for Wales?

Blackandamber wrote: February 29th, 2024, 10:57 am It's about time Andrew Hughes had a call up. He's a regular for Championship club Preston who could get promotion to the Premier League this season.
With 2 games and assuming Page sticks with a back 5, Rodon and Davies pick themselves as probably does Mepham but we will need extra bodies.

While Ampadu can drop back we are also short of defensive midfield players and of course there will be more injuries now we are into the no chance of getting back for the window period.

With Lockyer and Norrington-Davies out of the squad and Mepham not getting any game time, Hughes must be close though maybe behind Cabango. Poole and maybe even Low to be in the squad for cover.

Isn't Poole injured currently? Low looked good in the friendly game and had been the best player on the field when playing U21's. I think Page has to choose players that are getting game time. Unfortunately that will rule Mepham out. Tough luck for him but I think it's important to get the message across to players that they need to be match fitness for selection - and that means moving to get regular game time...

Blackandamber wrote: February 29th, 2024, 10:57 am It's about time Andrew Hughes had a call up. He's a regular for Championship club Preston who could get promotion to the Premier League this season.
I don't understand why he has never been in the Welsh squad, unfortunately he's now 31 so I don't think Page will considered him (as he's not a prospect for the next World cup).

Risca_Exile wrote: March 1st, 2024, 1:37 am
I don't understand why he has never been in the Welsh squad, unfortunately he's now 31 so I don't think Page will considered him (as he's not a prospect for the next World cup).
My guess is it comes down to opinion. Sometimes a Manager or someone scouting him just doesn't 'fancy' a particular player. It happens. Many fans used to moan about Tiger when he played for County. I always thought he was good - as a CB, not a left wing back...