Re: Jake Cain

llanwern exile wrote: February 1st, 2024, 11:20 am Rumours on twitter we have agreed a 2 and a half year deal with swindon for his transfer.
Well, it wouldn't be a two and a half year deal with Swindon if he only has six months of his contract remaining. It would be a six month deal ( probably a small fee) and then a longer contact negotiated with the player and his agent. We shouldn't be chucking a lot of money at him as he's a player of little experience. He may be dining out on the Liverpool badge but when he was with us before, he was quite inconsistent. Not a criticism, as he was very young.

He was in the shadow of Azaz and Cooper with us and blew hot and cold so didn’t play regularly.In his year at Swindon,he has played less than with us so,that tells me that he hasn’t really pushed on with his development.I would prefer to persevere with Waite than bring Cain back myself.

PP, I think that is a fair point.
Cain has a good left foot, is good at dead balls and is quick over 10/15 metres. Not sure that there is much else to his game.
Waite has shown that he can be a game changer over 25 minutes, can it extend this to 65 minutes?