Done - circus over - move on (bring on the league)...

Like the interview for the job we were probably never going to get or the date with the person who wasn't quite right for us - we got all worked up and were so near but so far - cliche time but we 'did ourselves proud' (and got a chunk of cash) - BUT now time to build on that on and off the pitch and dare I say it aim, at least aim, for that last play off spot - starting with beating Swindon!

Re: Done - circus over - move on (bring on the league)...

CathedralCounty wrote: January 29th, 2024, 8:03 am Like the interview for the job we were probably never going to get or the date with the person who wasn't quite right for us - we got all worked up and were so near but so far - cliche time but we 'did ourselves proud' (and got a chunk of cash) - BUT now time to build on that on and off the pitch and dare I say it aim, at least aim, for that last play off spot - starting with beating Swindon!
Yes agree, I too will be glad to get back to the bread and butter, too much rich food sometimes upsets the stomach. Ten Hag certainly left a nasty taste in the mouth.

lowandhard wrote: January 29th, 2024, 8:57 am
CathedralCounty wrote: January 29th, 2024, 8:03 am Like the interview for the job we were probably never going to get or the date with the person who wasn't quite right for us - we got all worked up and were so near but so far - cliche time but we 'did ourselves proud' (and got a chunk of cash) - BUT now time to build on that on and off the pitch and dare I say it aim, at least aim, for that last play off spot - starting with beating Swindon!
Yes agree, I too will be glad to get back to the bread and butter, too much rich food sometimes upsets the stomach. Ten Hag certainly left a nasty taste in the mouth.

What you and ten Hag get up to in your private lives are nothing to do with us 👀😂

Trying to be fair to Ten Hag it was only a little over half an hour before he was interviewed that he was 25 minutes away from the sack. Maybe he hadn't recovered from being scared out of his wits for a while there?

Amberexile wrote: January 29th, 2024, 10:24 am
Trying to be fair to Ten Hag it was only a little over half an hour before he was interviewed that he was 25 minutes away from the sack. Maybe he hadn't recovered from being scared out of his wits for a while there?
The Amber Army chanting that you are getting sacked in the morning would not have helped his mood either :lol:

At the end of the match, when Ten Hag was walking back to the changing rooms, as you can imagine, he was getting a fair amount of abuse from the Hazel/ Compeed. He just stared at us as he was walking. It was like he'd never encountered anything like that before and wasn't sure how to respond. I can't believe it was the first time he'd witnessed it. Maybe it was just Dutch defiance? I don't know.

Amberexile wrote: January 29th, 2024, 12:05 pm I think Evans is out of contract in the Summer and as he is 26 years old we won't get a fee if he goes then, he will be a free agent.
Ah yeh good point. I wasn't sure if he was on a 2 or 3y contract. I think the most we tend to offer is 2 so you're probably right. Either way good luck to him he deserves to play higher up the pyramid if it can't be with us. At least with the takeover we won't have to lose him to one of the crap teams around us who happen to be able to pay a little more.

Exile 1976 wrote: January 29th, 2024, 9:25 am

What you and ten Hag get up to in your private lives are nothing to do with us 👀😂
😳🤣 not my type mate 😂
Seriously though, thank god the bloody circus is over and the plastic Mancs can go crawl back under their stones!
I’m more than happy to get back to league 2 and real football, at least the carnival helped us to pay our way in that!
The Premiership does to football what capital cities do to the provinces, they’re like cancers that suck up all the resources and riches to themselves to grow their caricatures of football filled with multimillionaire footballers. Afaic you can stick your Man Uniteds up your @rse - that’s my football chant of the day!
Bitter? Not half! Let them go to their super league and let’s have divisions 1 through 4 and no preferential funding by media companies to the top league with some reforms going on so that a few clubs are not allowed vast academies with all the talent nicked from other clubs.

Taunton Iron Cider wrote: January 29th, 2024, 12:30 pm
Amberexile wrote: January 29th, 2024, 12:05 pm I think Evans is out of contract in the Summer and as he is 26 years old we won't get a fee if he goes then, he will be a free agent.
I thought the Club had an option to extend for a further season.
I do hope so but assume that would be a confidential clause in his contract so not public knowledge.

jamiencafc wrote: January 29th, 2024, 3:25 pm It's been made public previously that Evans is contracted for another season.
Don't believe that is quite correct. What has been made public is the club has an option for another year. The important details of which have not been made public. Therefore we do not know if the club can command a fee if he signs for another club in the summer.