Re: McNeill to return?

lowandhard wrote: January 24th, 2024, 12:59 pm
countymadbel wrote: January 24th, 2024, 12:38 pm
neilcork68 wrote: January 24th, 2024, 9:16 am Hearing strong rumours that Charlie McNeill will be returning on loan from Man Utd for rest of season.
Really hope not wasn't impressed last time around
True,I thought the other lad ( Middlesbrough? ) was much better
Me too, but Kavanagh has been a regularly b named on Middlesborough bench of late, having scored regularly in their 2nd team.

Just looked up his info on wiki. Says he started his 'career' at Manchester United and moved to Man City in 2014........so he was at United until the ripe old age of ten! I assume his parents wrote that. Just another kid kicking a ball around at school and wearing the shirt. I'm afraid when he was with us, he was more swagger than substance and I hope we find better.

excessbee wrote: January 24th, 2024, 1:44 pm Just looked up his info on wiki. Says he started his 'career' at Manchester United and moved to Man City in 2014........so he was at United until the ripe old age of ten! I assume his parents wrote that. Just another kid kicking a ball around at school and wearing the shirt. I'm afraid when he was with us, he was more swagger than substance and I hope we find better.
If you had kept reading, you'd have seen that he rejoined Man Utd in 2020 for £750k and has been there ever since other than loans to us and Stevenage.

I know that. It was the bit about his original time at MU having finished when he was ten years old. There must be thousands of kids who, on that basis, kid themselves that they were part of the MU set up at nine years old. He was only a footballer after being developed by Manchester City. Obviously good enough for Man Utd to take a considerable financial punt on him.

JonD wrote: January 24th, 2024, 3:31 pm My impression was that McNeill started more games of the two, and Kavanagh finished more. I would guess Kav's goals per minute (oh, you know what I mean 😂) is more impressive.
You are right. McNeill made 13 starts and Kavanagh 8. You could argue that for a striker, it is the early part of the game when defenders are fresh that is the most difficult.