Re: Online sales only tomorrow

Hopefully the club has apologised to the ticket office staff for putting them in that very obvious and avoidable situation.

I've already said sorry for my outburst to the person I was short with, and I'll say sorry to anyone else working who felt I was out of order. I won't apologise to the club though who handled the whole thing awfully.

Who'd have thought people would get upset about hanging around for 6 hours for nothing?

Typical poor management decision dealing with the symptom not the cause - upset fans who spent hours with no communication or welfare consideration upset at the closure of the ticket office who would have expected that? Some comments I have no doubt were unnecessary but could have been avoided with better management of the queue and one security personnel just in case.
The cause was again poor management from the club for which they never take responsibility relying on the blind support of supporters it is time the club realised supporters are customers and one of the reasons County struggle to grow is that the club treat supporters poorly.
Tomorrow all that was needed was an announcement on number of tickets available, confirmation of only one per person and management of the queue - not rocket science - the club bang on about inclusion and welfare how about the inclusion of lifelong supporters who struggle on line, the welfare of the many aged supporters who endured Thursday.
The club have a lot to improve on and don’t deserve the support they get. The events of this season make me question whether my 53rd season supporting them will be my last.
This is not sour grapes personally I am a season ticket holder who bought on line.

excessbee wrote: January 21st, 2024, 11:08 am Would this have worked, or am I being daft.....
Two days of match tickets to season ticket holders.
Day 1 Alphabetically A to M
Day 2 N onwards (plus those who couldn't make day 1).
No thanks. If you're N and after then you're penalised in having a reduced choice of additional seat.
I appreciate it doesn't suit everyone, and I genuinely sympathise with those who had no option but to queue, but the online service for ST holders was very simple and quick.
The real issue the club needs to solve (and it is a simple data transfer that could be done in a matter of hours) is not having an online purchase option for Trust members.
The Ticketmaster system recognises my account by my ST number. There's no reason why it can't be set up to recognise Trust membership numbers.

My fear is that at 10-00 am tomorrow touts who have the technological know how will snap up the remaining tickets.

It is entirely right of course that on Thursday it was unfortunate to say the least that the staff were the subject of the understandable ire of those who queued for hours only to have the shutters pulled down upon them. And had the club apologized for their mishandling of the ticket sales whilst reminding supporters that it is unfair to be critical of the staff and volunteers who were doing their best, we might have moved forward. Further the club are threatening both stadium bans and legal action. In that scenario the club should be explicit as to what the behaviour was.

Sadly the sanctimonious message put up by the club is as attractive as a bucket of donkey's vomit.

Jonesy3 wrote: January 21st, 2024, 12:27 pm
excessbee wrote: January 21st, 2024, 11:08 am Would this have worked, or am I being daft.....
Two days of match tickets to season ticket holders.
Day 1 Alphabetically A to M
Day 2 N onwards (plus those who couldn't make day 1).
No thanks. If you're N and after then you're penalised in having a reduced choice of additional seat.
I appreciate it doesn't suit everyone, and I genuinely sympathise with those who had no option but to queue, but the online service for ST holders was very simple and quick.
The real issue the club needs to solve (and it is a simple data transfer that could be done in a matter of hours) is not having an online purchase option for Trust members.
The Ticketmaster system recognises my account by my ST number. There's no reason why it can't be set up to recognise Trust membership numbers.
Yep, you're correct. I hadn't factored in the +1 element.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: January 21st, 2024, 12:28 pm My fear is that at 10-00 am tomorrow touts who have the technological know how will snap up the remaining tickets.

It is entirely right of course that on Thursday it was unfortunate to say the least that the staff were the subject of the understandable ire of those who queued for hours only to have the shutters pulled down upon them. And had the club apologized for their mishandling of the ticket sales whilst reminding supporters that it is unfair to be critical of the staff and volunteers who were doing their best, we might have moved forward. Further the club are threatening both stadium bans and legal action. In that scenario the club should be explicit as to what the behaviour was.

Sadly the sanctimonious message put up by the club is as attractive as a bucket of donkey's vomit.
It seems to be the way they operate. Fans have been receiving letters enacting legal action because of stuff being said online I'm told, although I'd best caveat this by saying I haven't seen physical evidence myself or I might get sued by the clubi support as well.

There are around 2-3,000 people who would have been willing to help out at a time. Would have been so easy to build a library of who could do what, and utilise the skills we collectively have. I suggested as much to Kevin Ward a few years back but nothing ever came of it (like a Newport County networking co-op).

Roll on completion of the takeover. We'll hopefully then have a team of people who can use their resources properly.

rncfc wrote: January 21st, 2024, 12:36 pm
Stan A. Einstein wrote: January 21st, 2024, 12:28 pm My fear is that at 10-00 am tomorrow touts who have the technological know how will snap up the remaining tickets.

It seems to be the way they operate. Fans have been receiving letters enacting legal action because of stuff being said online I'm told, although I'd best caveat this by saying I haven't seen physical evidence myself or I might get sued by the clubi support as well.

There are around 2-3,000 people who would have been willing to help out at a time. Would have been so easy to build a library of who could do what, and utilise the skills we collectively have. I suggested as much to Kevin Ward a few years back but nothing ever came of it (like a Newport County networking co-op).

Roll on completion of the takeover. We'll hopefully then have a team of people who can use their resources properly.
Huw Jenkins is at every game. One of his former employees at Swansea is the acting club CEO.
Does anybody honestly think he isn’t already running the show?

Jonesy3 wrote: January 21st, 2024, 12:50 pm

Huw Jenkins is at every game. One of his former employees at Swansea is the acting club CEO.
I've no idea, but a root and branch review of all we do has highly unlikely been completed. The ticketing process is, I would presume, a legacy of our prior failure to fully embrace the technology we have paid for. I don't think you can blame HJ for that, hopefully it just highlights an issue that needs sorting.

For me, I'd have probably prioritised it when we drew a conference side in the 2nd round.

I would be surprised if you are not right.

It does though beg the question why an announcement has not been forthcoming to that effect. Maybe as the late Jake Thackray sang in his song 'The Bull' he's shy.

If so I think as Swansea fans ultimately did we will regret this take over.

No doubt there WAS some “abuse” of staff but this does have a whiff of blame shifting poor infrastructure and planning (albeit under difficult circumstances) onto queuing fans, that said if the facility is there (online open sale, 2 tickets max per person) then it makes more sense especially given the storm forecast for the next few days.

As for touts is it the objection that some scallies will profit from this or is it that “genuine fans” will miss out? It may be both but on the latter “genuine fan” is a nebulous term who is a “genuine fan”?