Re: Online sales only tomorrow

Ugo. wrote: January 22nd, 2024, 10:16 am
Fu Ming wrote: January 22nd, 2024, 10:10 am I just logged onto the on line ticket site, basically out of interest as I have my ticket and don't intend to buy another.
At 10:05, I was 12227 in the queue with an estimated wait time of over an hour.
There must be a lot of the so called Man U fans from around the country trying to get a ticket.
Common sense would say that the vast majority of those on line have got no chance.
I went on at 9:30 and there was already a queue system in place. I was 2800 in queue. I got in at 9:53 to find tickets already on sale and no 2 together with just the odd seat dotted about here and there and with wanting to take my son had no chance. The club didn't communicate anything until 9:56 on twitter by which time it was pointless.
In fairness, it was always unrealistic to expect two seats together to be available in the 'general sales' window. Season ticket holders using their +1 option will have taken up a pair together, leaving single seats open for general sales. Hence single seats dotted around the stadium.

excessbee wrote: January 22nd, 2024, 10:26 am
Fu Ming wrote: January 22nd, 2024, 10:10 am I just logged onto the on line ticket site, basically out of interest as I have my ticket and don't intend to buy another.
There must be a lot of the so called Man U fans from around the country trying to get a ticket.
Common sense would say that the vast majority of those on line have got no chance.
I went on at 9:30 and there was already a queue system in place. I was 2800 in queue. I got in at 9:53 to find tickets already on sale and no 2 together with just the odd seat dotted about here and there and with wanting to take my son had no chance. The club didn't communicate anything until 9:56 on twitter by which time it was pointless.
In fairness, it was always unrealistic to expect two seats together to be available in the 'general sales' window. Season ticket holders using their +1 option will have taken up a pair together, leaving single seats open for general sales. Hence single seats dotted around the stadium.
Yes, the +1 was the biggest problem causer in all of this. I hope the club learn from that.

neilcork68 wrote: January 22nd, 2024, 10:20 am A quick press release of how many tickets are available to purchase today should have been issued by the club...Or have I missed it ?

Ground Capacity of 9500 but there 13000 queuing ..Dont think many will get tickets :dontknow:
This press release of online sales only today because of staff abuse was a complete red herring as very few tickets were left, and 20 minutes after release are now all sold out. The Club for once should have been honest and upfront on the ticket issue rather than looking for excuses.

neilcork68 wrote: January 22nd, 2024, 10:20 am A quick press release of how many tickets are available to purchase today should have been issued by the club...Or have I missed it ?

Ground Capacity of 9500 but there 13000 queuing ..Dont think many will get tickets :dontknow:
The problem with doing that us that it would highlight how many tickets have gone to places other than where the club told us they were going.

It would also show up yesterday's staff abuse statement for the shite that it was.

Amberexile wrote: January 22nd, 2024, 10:27 am
Yes, the +1 was the biggest problem causer in all of this. I hope the club learn from that.
Is it too simplistic to suggest that if claiming a +1 option, a season ticket holder must include their regular seat as one of their two tickets.

Taunton Iron Cider wrote: January 22nd, 2024, 10:28 am

This press release of online sales only today because of staff abuse was a complete red herring as very few tickets were left, and 20 minutes after release are now all sold out. The Club for once should have been honest and upfront on the ticket issue rather than looking for excuses.
Yes. It was obvious that the club weren't that bothered by abuse of staff because they waited 48 hours before ending ticket office sales. I must say that as a supporter of this club for more than 60 years I am very disappointed that supporters are being taken for mugs by the management and publicly vilified in the way they have been. I hope that this is not an indication of how management in the Jenkins era will behave.

So, if ten thousand plus have missed out, maybe a lesson for the next time we play Man U: Get the game on at a bigger stadium, like a few of us have suggested. Far more seats available, so everyone gets a ticket and no ticket office abuse from frustrated queuers. And, no one has to queue around the block in the freezing cold for hours.

aberexile wrote: January 22nd, 2024, 10:51 am So, if ten thousand plus have missed out, maybe a lesson for the next time we play Man U: Get the game on at a bigger stadium, like a few of us have suggested. Far more seats available, so everyone gets a ticket and no ticket office abuse from frustrated queuers. And, no one has to queue around the block in the freezing cold for hours.
Maybe. But in fairness, I reckon this game is winnable at Rodney Parade. Not so much away from home.

excessbee wrote: January 22nd, 2024, 10:47 am
Is it too simplistic to suggest that if claiming a +1 option, a season ticket holder must include their regular seat as one of their two tickets.
I'm sure it would help. It would certainly have helped trust members to gain access to their preferred area of the ground but I don't get why anyone needs a +1. I get that it is nice to be able to sell on a ticket at a profit to cover your costs for the day and see the game for free but if you only need one ticket for 23 games why would you need another one just his once?

aberexile wrote: January 22nd, 2024, 10:51 am So, if ten thousand plus have missed out, maybe a lesson for the next time we play Man U: Get the game on at a bigger stadium, like a few of us have suggested. Far more seats available, so everyone gets a ticket and no ticket office abuse from frustrated queuers. And, no one has to queue around the block in the freezing cold for hours.
We could only do that if the FA were not content with the results of the safety inspection for the game.

Amberexile wrote: January 22nd, 2024, 11:19 am
We could only do that if the FA were not content with the results of the safety inspection for the game.
Yes, you're right. I wonder what a safety inspection would entail? With this game it just feels like it's become too big to squeeze into our little stadium.

Amberexile wrote: January 22nd, 2024, 11:17 am
excessbee wrote: January 22nd, 2024, 10:47 am
I'm sure it would help. It would certainly have helped trust members to gain access to their preferred area of the ground but I don't get why anyone needs a +1. I get that it is nice to be able to sell on a ticket at a profit to cover your costs for the day and see the game for free but if you only need one ticket for 23 games why would you need another one just his once?
Its a 'perk' for ST holders who are helping to keep the club afloat over the summer - but as others have said I wouldn't be too bothered at only having 1x tickets guaranteed for the bigger games.