Re: Mark Drakeford

CathedralCounty wrote: December 16th, 2023, 11:27 am
Exile 1976 wrote: December 15th, 2023, 1:18 pm
Chepstow'sFine wrote: December 15th, 2023, 10:21 am
UPTHEPORT wrote: December 14th, 2023, 9:11 pm The politicians in Westminster could do with an once of his morals

Decent man puts his faith in God
Pretty sure he's an atheist. There are loads of reasons I think he has a very warped moral framework. The biggest one for me is that he flatly refused an independent COVID inquiry.

Knowing him as well as I do, whether his decision making has been right or wrong, his decisions have been what he truly believes has been best for the people of Wales.
But they have all too often been the wrong decisions for Wales. I agree he is clearly a decent man and has a certain charm with his ill fitting suits and somewhat unpolished image but him and his administration (and those before him) have failed the people of Wales.

I bear no animus toward him but rather Welsh Labour (who I vote for on the basis of alternative being worse) have taken the Welsh public for granted and overplayed their hand.
That's the thing about democracy. You can vote for someone else, you can join Welsh Labour and try to persuade them of your views, you can complain on all manner of social media. All of which is good.

Here's the thing though, having lived in three democracies in my lifetime, all three had one thing in common. Most people, most of the time, vote not for what we favour but to keep out a worse alternative.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: December 15th, 2023, 11:46 pm
Torquay Exile wrote: December 15th, 2023, 6:32 pm
Stan A. Einstein wrote: December 15th, 2023, 2:22 pm

Knowing him as well as I do, whether his decision making has been right or wrong, his decisions have been what he truly believes has been best for the people of Wales.
I like Drakeford. Whether you agree with him or not it seems to me that his decisions are made from a place of having a moral compass.

Take 20mph. It annoys all of us who drive cars. However for the tiny minority of mothers whose children will be involved in a near miss and not seriously injured or killed, he will be a saint.

Doing the right thing is often doing unpopular things. You can question his views of course, I think that his motivations are beyond reproach.
You don't even live in Wales now, so why do you care who runs Wales. In Ireland do they drive 20 miles an hour. I don't think they do, after all most people in Ireland are trying to get away from the police, for one thing or another.
Please don't take this the wrong way. You really do have a problem with obsessive behaviour. You don't upset me or wind me up. I'm not suggesting you're crazy but you may find it useful to think about getting counselling.
Think about it, for your sake.
Thank you for your report on my so called illness, Dr Stanley. I was going to go for a second opinion. But instead I had a good old talk with myself in the mirror ( :grin: ) and we both decided (that's me, and The Mirror), that I'm as sane as the next person. We also agree that you should get support from a counsellor yourself. If you need any help in finding a good counsellor, We will always be here to help you.

I hope you are feeling better soon.

Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde.

Torquay Exile wrote: December 16th, 2023, 10:54 pm
Stan A. Einstein wrote: December 15th, 2023, 11:46 pm
Torquay Exile wrote: December 15th, 2023, 6:32 pm
Stan A. Einstein wrote: December 15th, 2023, 2:22 pm

I like Drakeford. Whether you agree with him or not it seems to me that his decisions are made from a place of having a moral compass.

Take 20mph. It annoys all of us who drive cars. However for the tiny minority of mothers whose children will be involved in a near miss and not seriously injured or killed, he will be a saint.

Doing the right thing is often doing unpopular things. You can question his views of course, I think that his motivations are beyond reproach.
You don't even live in Wales now, so why do you care who runs Wales. In Ireland do they drive 20 miles an hour. I don't think they do, after all most people in Ireland are trying to get away from the police, for one thing or another.
Please don't take this the wrong way. You really do have a problem with obsessive behaviour. You don't upset me or wind me up. I'm not suggesting you're crazy but you may find it useful to think about getting counselling.
Think about it, for your sake.
Thank you for your report on my so called illness, Dr Stanley. I was going to go for a second opinion. But instead I had a good old talk with myself in the mirror ( :grin: ) and we both decided (that's me, and The Mirror), that I'm as sane as the next person. We also agree that you should get support from a counsellor yourself. If you need any help in finding a good counsellor, We will always be here to help you.

I hope you are feeling better soon.

Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde.
I didn't say you were ill. I said you are obsessive. As Bob Dylan said you don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows. And just out of interest the use of the royal We is even more worrying than the a simple we which would imply that you believe you speak on behalf of others.

What ever you do have a good day.