Re: Immigration What is the problem?

Chepstow'sFine wrote: October 4th, 2023, 11:28 am People who manipulate historical info to make pro-immigration points and claims always fail to take into account the numbers. For example, when England took in the protestant refugees from Europe in the 16th/17th centuries it was to the tune of 40-50k over the course of 200+ years. In 2022 we had over 600k net migration in ONE YEAR.
We are talking about Newport and ancestry relating to the Roman period onwards. It is people that create wealth with the skills and knowledge that they bring. After all what did the Romans ever do for us? Apart from the roads, clean water, housing, education.........

When some businessmen tells you I spotted a gap in the market, it normally translates as there were people I could exploit.

If you have a lot of takeaway restaurants with low usage, and you have people who don't drive, you can put the two together and deliver takeaways. That's not taking away existing jobs it's creating new ones by exploiting people with limited options.

The care sector, the patients have limited options, the staff limited options.

When the Hungarian empire broke up the Jews migrated to Poland and Germany. They were more successful than the locals because they had access to Jewish finance that the locals didn't, in order to start business. They worked hard, and the locals hated their success.

Does that ring any bells with immigrant community's in the UK? They are successful because the money that they make stays in their community, but it also brings wealth more generally as they trade, create or provide care or a service...............

It's complimentary, it helps generate wealth not diminish it.

Bangitintrnet wrote: October 4th, 2023, 1:49 pm When some businessmen tells you I spotted a gap in the market, it normally translates as there were people I could exploit.

If you have a lot of takeaway restaurants with low usage, and you have people who don't drive, you can put the two together and deliver takeaways. That's not taking away existing jobs it's creating new ones by exploiting people with limited options.

When the Hungarian empire broke up the Jews migrated to Poland and Germany. They were more successful than the locals because they had access to Jewish finance that the locals didn't, in order to start business. They worked hard, and the locals hated their success.

Does that ring any bells with immigrant community's in the UK? They are successful because the money that they make stays in their community, but it also brings wealth more generally as they trade, create or provide care or a service...............

I suppose you are partly right, it does help the illegal Drug industry. It puts more Drug Dealers on the streets. Keeps the police busy, when they could be doing something else, like making our streets a lot safer. Also helps other illegal activities to operate in our lovely country. We need to cut down on immigration (illegal immigration) end of.

Torquay Exile wrote: October 4th, 2023, 5:09 pm
Bangitintrnet wrote: October 4th, 2023, 1:49 pm When some businessmen tells you I spotted a gap in the market, it normally translates as there were people I could exploit.

I suppose you are partly right, it does help the illegal Drug industry. It puts more Drug Dealers on the streets. Keeps the police busy, when they could be doing something else, like making our streets a lot safer. Also helps other illegal activities to operate in our lovely country. We need to cut down on immigration (illegal immigration) end of.
You keep believing what your beloved party keeps telling you then, but it doesn't align with the facts, which is where we started.......

Bangitintrnet wrote: October 4th, 2023, 5:55 pm

You keep believing what your beloved party keeps telling you then, but it doesn't align with the facts, which is where we started.......

Everyone has their own opinion, including me. You must exercise your right to vote for the political party that aligns with your values, and I will do the same.

It's worth considering that we need to address issues surrounding illegal immigration. Many people share this belief, even if they may have difficulty admitting it.

Torquay Exile wrote: October 4th, 2023, 6:37 pm
Bangitintrnet wrote: October 4th, 2023, 5:55 pm

Everyone has their own opinion, including me. You must exercise your right to vote for the political party that aligns with your values, and I will do the same.

It's worth considering that we need to address issues surrounding illegal immigration. Many people share this belief, even if they may have difficulty admitting it.
If there was a route for legal asylum and immigration it would help no end.

Prohibition in America doubled the amount of bars and the amount drunk went up by a factor of 10. People went to the drugstore and purchased pure alcohol and bought flavours from elsewhere.

Migration figures are skewed by the amount of retirees nolonger leaving the UK for the Costa's, and elsewhere because of Brexit. These are older people who are now using our health services etc but not working, replacing foreign youngsters who needed to work hard just to survive....................

Smugglers often deceive migrants by falsely claiming that travelling to the UK is safe and easy. However, the reality is that the journey poses grave risks of injury, abuse, and exploitation. Moreover, it is not only expensive but also dangerous. Numerous men, women, and children have lost their lives while attempting to reach the UK via small boats or hidden in lorries.

Migrants are often placed in hazardous situations by smugglers. Most smugglers use the cheapest boats available. Which are unsuitable for dangerous waters, overload them with too many people, and fail to provide safe life jackets. It endangers the lives of migrants during every journey.

Wouldn't it be much better to opt for a safe and legal alternative?

Torquay Exile wrote: October 4th, 2023, 8:35 pm Smugglers often deceive migrants by falsely claiming that travelling to the UK is safe and easy. However, the reality is that the journey poses grave risks of injury, abuse, and exploitation. Moreover, it is not only expensive but also dangerous. Numerous men, women, and children have lost their lives while attempting to reach the UK via small boats or hidden in lorries.

Migrants are often placed in hazardous situations by smugglers. Most smugglers use the cheapest boats available. Which are unsuitable for dangerous waters, overload them with too many people, and fail to provide safe life jackets. It endangers the lives of migrants during every journey.

Wouldn't it be much better to opt for a safe and legal alternative?
Exactly, open the border. People are smuggled because there is a means to repay the smugglers. Let them in and smugglers disappear overnight.............

It's a created problem, make someone the enemy, doesn't matter what, Europe, the unemployed, the disabled, those seeking asylum, the doctors, the list goes on.

Meanwhile we now have the highest interest rates, the highest inflation, the highest tax take for decades, so who can we blame next?

Stan A. Einstein wrote: October 3rd, 2023, 9:44 am I'm with Exile 1976 on this one.

Trying to make out that immigrants, legal or not, are benefit scrougers and criminals is simply racist.
Some are. Some white people are. Some black people are. Some Jewish people are. Some Muslims are. Some Irish people are. I could go on but I think you'll all get the point.

And I get that we shouldn't resort to swearing at people. But when confronted with such mindless stupidity it's difficult not to lose your temper.

While not all individuals who enter our country have criminal records, Isn't it essential to recognize that using offensive language is unacceptable? Even if you have used such language, it's just not appropriate. Imagine if you were defending someone in court who had been found guilty of using threatening language and behaviour. If your only defence is that anyone in their position would have acted the same way, the judge would likely not accept that argument. It is not acceptable to defend individuals who use unnecessary language. It is also unacceptable for you to accuse me of being racist without any evidence to support your claim. Finally, I would like to emphasize that everyone is entitled to their opinion, even if it differs from yours. I believe that is what we call freedom of speech.

When an individual has chosen to be trafficked through a lot of Countries to reach the UK, do you think that was an opportunity that they thought shouldn't be missed?

It's because there is still a demand for slaves in this country, and that's what drives the criminal gangs. No demand at the end of the journey, no financial gain in trafficking.

What would have been the point in English shipping companies buying African slaves to sell to the cotton plantations if there was no demand?

It's beyond hypocrisy to not only blame the individuals, but also the traffickers, for the UK turning a blind eye to modern slavery. Thats the driver for people to travel through many countries, at huge risk and cost, to get here, simply to become a slave................

Fascinating reading on here sometimes. Over the past few days, on this thread and a few others, a poster has managed to insult the views of UTP, Exile 1976, Bangit and Stan. A cross section of all the views on this board. That is some achievement. However, coming from where it does, I don’t suspect that the targets are that bothered. I wouldn’t be.