Re: WAG again

neilcork68 wrote: July 18th, 2023, 10:18 am I live in the countryside, 2 hours bus service, none before 9am or after 7pm . Nearest train station 4 miles away .Can't ride a bike because of arthritis in my ankles

How do I get to work without a car ?

Public transport will never work in a country like Wales, it's too rural...Cardiff , Newport , Swansea , Wrexham yes but outside never we haven't got or will never afford the infrastructure.
We all got aches Neil I've got 3 bulging discs arthritis in my spine knees ankles hands I'm going to need surgery on my hip flexor

I used to be referee doing 70-80 games a season and running was one of my hobbies doing the London marathon 3 times I know my limits these days so I'm passionate about walking

I'm still over weight but I'm working on that

Ditch the car start using those legs you got and stop moaning and making excuses

I have stated my views several times on here.

You disagree with them , thats fine, I respect that.

Me , tongue in cheek, saying your sounding like Dripford was a reference to him , IMO being anti car.
Some people , like me dont have the option of public transport to do as we want or have to do because there is none available and walking miles to get some is not an option

neilcork68 wrote: July 19th, 2023, 1:55 pm I have stated my views several times on here.

Me , tongue in cheek, saying your sounding like Dripford was a reference to him , IMO being anti car.
Some people , like me dont have the option of public transport to do as we want or have to do because there is none available and walking miles to get some is not an option

Well you where on here they other day having a go at posters

So please practice what you say

Go for your walk and calm down🤪

We are all adults on here yet some take offence at a bit of banter , name calling etc

Take it on the chin , laugh it off or ignore it is the options I take as people's views are theirs, not mine,. I will disagree or debate them but never take offence if my views upset or differ from theirs
It's a forum to discus your views on Newport County or life in the everything else section, is it not ?

neilcork68 wrote: July 18th, 2023, 10:18 am I live in the countryside, 2 hours bus service, none before 9am or after 7pm . Nearest train station 4 miles away .Can't ride a bike because of arthritis in my ankles

How do I get to work without a car ?

Public transport will never work in a country like Wales, it's too rural...Cardiff , Newport , Swansea , Wrexham yes but outside never we haven't got or will never afford the infrastructure.
To a degree that's true, but it's true of England as well. In Wales when coal and iron dominated so did canals and railways. People lived in houses that were built by the mine owners etc and as such the majority of older housing is near the railway line that took the iron or coal for export. So the networks are there for the majority of people, and places like Cardiff are building city centre tower blocks like around Cardiff Central for people to work near the transport hubs.

I understand what you are saying about rural life, but people are exchanging life in big cities like London to rural communities near the sea, as Internet working allows for change.

It's all family members having cars that is the issue causing congestion, so build the car parks on the perimeter of cities and use public transport/electric assisted bike/foot to get in, problem solved.

UPTHEPORT wrote: July 19th, 2023, 2:24 pm
neilcork68 wrote: July 19th, 2023, 1:55 pm I have stated my views several times on here.

Well you where on here they other day having a go at posters

So please practice what you say
You post this then call me a raving right wing Tory

Hipocrite springs to mind....Why don't you practice what your trying to preach ?

For your info I haven't voted in the last few general elections because I have not come across one candidate or party who I agree with their policies or the party they represent.
I have lived in the area I do for over 30 years as a person old enough to vote and apart from the crap posted through the door I have never had one candidate or their support team knock on my door and put the case forward so I would vote for them...Why should I vote for a flyer ?

Some policies of all political parties I agree with, some I don't....None of them have convinced me to vote one way or another, so I don't.

So I am not a raving right wing Tory or a Looney Lefty

I will post things as I see it even if it upsets 'raving right wing Tories 'or 'Looney Lefties' because my views differ from theirs.