Re: Is Sheehan over rated ?

Clearly his main assets i.e. neat passing along the floor and running at people with the ball are best suited to a good playing surface. At RP when the ground is uneven/ heavy his game is negated; also being physically slight in stature he frequently loses the ball in physical contact.
Looking forward to him playing on the Cardiff pitch.

Re: Is Sheehan over rated ?

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
neilcork68 wrote:
DT1892 wrote:I'd expect every agent to be touting their client's name around, it's literally what they're paid for. That's not the same as agreeing to join another club.
OK maybe I should have worded it different but anyhoo, I hear he has agreed a deal in principle to sign for ########### once his contract expires with us.
I dont believe he isnt giving the club 100% every game he plays but subconsciously he may not be as good as he was at the start of the season on a better playing surface
Neil,
It's not just subconsciously. It's the last minute of the Cup final, you're chasing down the chance to score the winner you see a lumbering centre half coming into stop you but you bust a gut anyway.
It's the last minute of a League 2 fixture in March for a club you know you're leaving and a big cheque is coming your way. You are chasing down the chance to score the winner when you see a lumbering centre half coming in to stop you. You think of how stupid it would be to break your leg now, and the ball rolls harmlessly out for a goal kick.
You could argue that he is going on history. Think back to when he was recalled by Swansea from his first loan spell with County. Just starting to get into their matchday team/squad and he picks up an injury that effectively took him at least 2 years to recover from. He doesn't want to go down that road again...