Re: Is Sheehan over rated ?

UPTHEPORT wrote:
DT1892 wrote:Just don't see any reason why the club or Sheehan would 'agree' a deal, which either party could back out of at any point, until they're actually able to sign a contract after our last game of the season.
Players in last year of contract can talk to anyone from January
If they are outside the English system. English clubs have to wait until the last month or two if the player plays for another club in England.

UPTHEPORT wrote:
DT1892 wrote:Just don't see any reason why the club or Sheehan would 'agree' a deal, which either party could back out of at any point, until they're actually able to sign a contract after our last game of the season.

Only overseas clubs isn't it? Although that said i'm pretty sure he's already sorted out his new club

DT1892 wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:
If they are outside the English system. English clubs have to wait until the last month or two if the player plays for another club in England.
That's not correct

With six months or less remaining on an existing contract for players aged 23 or older, they are free to negotiate with other clubs and sign a pre-contract agreement, indicating their ability to move to their intended club on a Bosman transfer when the next transfer window opens.

UPTHEPORT wrote:
DT1892 wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:
That's not correct

With six months or less remaining on an existing contract for players aged 23 or older, they are free to negotiate with other clubs and sign a pre-contract agreement, indicating their ability to move to their intended club on a Bosman transfer when the next transfer window opens.
Section C1 of the FA rules (and Section T of the Premier League Rules) prevents a player who is under contract, or his agent, from talking to other clubs, or being approached by other clubs, without the consent of the player’s current club.

FA rules state that within 7 days of the first Saturday in May (or the last game of the season) a club must either offer its player a new contract or confirm it is releasing him. If the club releases the player, he is free from that moment to negotiate directly with another club. If the player is offered an extension, he must confirm within 28 days whether this offer is accepted or rejected. Again, from the moment an offer is rejected, the player is free to negotiate with other clubs.

Crucially, the above rules apply only to negotiations with English clubs. A player is free to negotiate directly with foreign clubs, including those in the EU, up to 6 months before the expiry of his contract.

I think he is overrated how many times do we hear Sheehan turns and passes back to xxxx. Too often he looses the ball in dangerous positions and when does he ever hurt the opposition.
He is a busy player that’s why people like him but it is the end product that counts - compare Twine busy and effective - Sheehan busy and ineffective.

County ranger wrote:I think he is overrated how many times do we hear Sheehan turns and passes back to xxxx. Too often he looses the ball in dangerous positions and when does he ever hurt the opposition.
He is a busy player that’s why people like him but it is the end product that counts - compare Twine busy and effective - Sheehan busy and ineffective.
Just found the stats.....

Sheehan 34 games 2 goals 1 assist

Twine 23 games 7 goals 7 assists COUNTY
10 games 3 goals 2 assists SWINDON

Sheehans figures are the same as Ryan Taylors !!

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:Believe on decent pitches he could play higher than League 2, but currently on the RP pitch he is mediocre and indeed wouldn't be in my starting X1. Will he command a lucrative signing-on fee in the Summer.? I have my doubts.
Serious question. Why do you doubt? Put another way had he left in January would you expect a transfer fee?
Guess that depends on what you understand as lucrative. Imo he isn't of a high enough quality to command one. Of course if he transferred in Jan I would have expected a transfer fee as he was under contract.

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:Believe on decent pitches he could play higher than League 2, but currently on the RP pitch he is mediocre and indeed wouldn't be in my starting X1. Will he command a lucrative signing-on fee in the Summer.? I have my doubts.
Serious question. Why do you doubt? Put another way had he left in January would you expect a transfer fee?
Guess that depends on what you understand as lucrative. Imo he isn't of a high enough quality to command one. Of course if he transferred in Jan I would have expected a transfer fee as he was under contract.
Well let's see where he starts next season.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Well let's see where he starts next season.
Just to clarify, I was not doubting he will leave for another club in the summer, but I do doubt it will be for what I would describe as a lucrative signing-on fee. Doubt if we will know for certain the amount.
For what it's worth, hope I'm wrong and he does command a large signing-on and goes on to bigger and better things; having briefly spoken to the young man, and a little more extensively with his parents at home games, I have found them very likeable people, Unfortunately I think his worth has fallen since the turn of the year.