Re: Grandstand: Salford v Exiles

We created some decent attempts late on,Benno hitting the post,Willmott shot saved,why didn’t we play more attack minded earlier.Didn’t see the penalty incident but if Kev is involved,who knows.Townsend made at least six decent saves plus the penalty.Why was Willmott trying to mark a big CB from the corner,why was he on before Devitt.We need Labs back Saturday and Proctor or Taylor.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy enough with a point but thought County looked a tired team out there. Too many poor passes and losing of ball and like Tim was saying in commentary any attack was just too slow. Laboured performance would sum it up well.

I don't like criticising referees because it is a difficult job making split second decisions but he did seem very unwilling to get his book out to some consistent fouling and how he allowed the Salford players to take two minutes out of the game after he had awarding the County penalty (his second dubious penalty award of the night) was farcical. Surely there should be some mental totting up that refs do whereby say 3 niggly or cynical fouls and you get a yellow...

wattsville_boy wrote:Don't get me wrong, I'm happy enough with a point but thought County looked a tired team out there. Too many poor passes and losing of ball and like Tim was saying in commentary any attack was just too slow. Laboured performance would sum it up well.

I don't like criticising referees because it is a difficult job making split second decisions but he did seem very unwilling to get his book out to some consistent fouling and how he allowed the Salford players to take two minutes out of the game after he had awarding the County penalty (his second dubious penalty award of the night) was farcical. Surely there should be some mental totting up that refs do whereby say 3 niggly or cynical fouls and you get a yellow...
3 games in 7 days hard going

Percy plunkett wrote:We created some decent attempts late on,Benno hitting the post,Willmott shot saved,why didn’t we play more attack minded earlier.Didn’t see the penalty incident but if Kev is involved,who knows.Townsend made at least six decent saves plus the penalty.Why was Willmott trying to mark a big CB from the corner,why was he on before Devitt.We need Labs back Saturday and Proctor or Taylor.
Yes indeed. Looked very lightweight in midfield and up top at times without them. Doesn't augur well with RP sure to be a very heavy and muddy surface for the foreseeable future.

Unbelievable Keeping performance.
We could of lost by 5.
Started very well then lost the plot but in the end just about worth the point.
Nothing up front.
Sorry but contributors need to realise Abrahams is just not up to it.
That effort from the Twine pass across goal was pathetic.
Thought Shepard got stuck in again as did Mickey albeit few wayward passes.
Happy with a point though.

UPTHEPORT wrote:
wattsville_boy wrote:Don't get me wrong, I'm happy enough with a point but thought County looked a tired team out there. Too many poor passes and losing of ball and like Tim was saying in commentary any attack was just too slow. Laboured performance would sum it up well.

But this season is going to be a bit of a slog as it's of shorter duration. County have to adapt to playing Tue-Sat-Tue better on pitches that are going to get heavier and require some recovery time. And that means utilising his squad better during these winter months to prevent a spate of injuries disrupting what so far has been a very promising season.

wattsville_boy wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:

But this season is going to be a bit of a slog as it's of shorter duration. County have to adapt to playing Tue-Sat-Tue better on pitches that are going to get heavier and require some recovery time. And that means utilising his squad better during these winter months to prevent a spate of injuries disrupting what so far has been a very promising season.
True enough