Re: Grandstand. Leyton Orient (The Justin Edinburgh Derby)

We have gone from a first half classy team effort to a relegation no hoper second.
Unbelievable difference in the 2 halves.
Orient were total class.
We were totally clueless after the break.
Not one player stood out.
Appreciate we cannot win every game but that was awful.
We didn't deserve a point but nothing wrong with Abrahams goal.
Ref was a homer, booking our lads at will and saying nothing to the Orient players.
No shape at all and grim to view.
Flynny needed to make changes earlier.
No midfield at all second half.
Totally frustrating.
Townsend 6 Not his fault
Cooper 6 Just average
Mickey 7 Got stuck in.
Matty 6 Hardly noticed him.
Shepard 6 good start but as always disappeared.
Bennett 5 Ponderous
Josh 5 Worst game by a mile this season
Twine 5 Shooting boots gone today.
Padraig 5 looked lost
Proctor 6 Great first half then disappeared.
Lewis 5 Okay start but awfully slow.

5 Subs Did not make a scrap of difference to the game apart from Tristan who was robbed of a goal.

Only good thing from today is we are still top.

I would have settled for 4 points from the three away games but that will be difficult to achieve if we play like that at Salford! Orient played like they were in a cup final today and I thought we looked a very ragged outfit indeed second half. There was a lot of niggle in that and I’m not sure we got our fair share of decisions from the referee but that’s not unusual away. We got what we deserved for not wrapping it up before halftime, we are far too profligate with the chances we make. What the hell was going on with ball retrieval today as well? Nothing wrong with Abraham’s goal I thought. Can’t win them all I suppose but that defeat sticks in the craw because of our second half performance which I thought was abysmal.

Orient are a good team - league position and recent form all suggest this to be true. A win would have been a fantastic result - disappointing to let a lead and good first half performance slip. We lack pace and a final ball at times which gave an inadequate response to a good Orient second half.
I don’t think we were awful just out played a bit it will happen - would like to see a couple of wing backs come in during January we need a better delivery to the forwards.

copa79 wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:We have gone from a first half classy team effort to a relegation no hoper second.
Unbelievable difference in the 2 halves.
Orient were total class.
We were totally clueless after the break.
Not one player stood out.
Appreciate we cannot win every game but that was awful.
We didn't deserve a point but nothing wrong with Abrahams goal.
Ref was a homer, booking our lads at will and saying nothing to the Orient players.
No shape at all and grim to view.
Flynny needed to make changes earlier.
No midfield at all second half.
Totally frustrating.
Townsend 6 Not his fault
Cooper 6 Just average
Mickey 7 Got stuck in.
Matty 6 Hardly noticed him.
Shepard 6 good start but as always disappeared.
Bennett 5 Ponderous
Josh 5 Worst game by a mile this season
Twine 5 Shooting boots gone today.
Padraig 5 looked lost
Proctor 6 Great first half then disappeared.
Lewis 5 Okay start but awfully slow.

5 Subs Did not make a scrap of difference to the game apart from Tristan who was robbed of a goal.

Only good thing from today is we are still top.
Think you've been harsh there. Benno got stuck in and did the job until coming off. Podge didn't look lost thought he was definitely a 6 but not worthy of a 5. Lewis looked fairly nippy going forward in particular the move when he did a few step overs then had a crack but deflected off Proctor. Not awfully slow at all....caught out at the back after the ball bounced.

No need to be so harsh UTC
Whilst I agree Frank is been a little harsh I have to agree with him that Lewis is deceptively slow.