Re: Exiles Grandstand FACup Salford

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:After a dire first half and 15 minutes of the second it became a stroll for us once down to 10 men.
Josh master class running the show.

They put virtually a full reserve side out but we eventually strolled the win.
Still need to get the forward line sorted as will be a problem in future games

King 6 No probs apart from dire kicking (Day)
Haynes 5 Very poor today.
Mickey 6 Jusy okay
Cooper 7 Back to his best.
Scotty 5 Not really in it too slow
Shepard 6 Good first half but not much in second.
Robbie 7 Some good centres second half after tripping over Shepard all the first.
Devitt 5 Not seen a lot.
Twine 6 Great run for the Pen.
Proctor. 6 Nice finish for te first but apart was totally lost.
Josh 9 Just so superior to anybody on that pitch.

Janneh 6 far more potential in him that Tristan
Podge 6 well taken Pen
Kevin 5 On the pitch nothing wrong but little to show either.

Bennett 5 ? Really, were you watching the same game? He played well.

Exile 1976 wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:Get in there. Too many fans whining about performance even in first half. We're a league 2 side, we will have poor performances, but a game is 90mins and we're now 2-0 up. Relaaaaaaaxxx.

Spot on mate I do wonder if some people just like a moan for the sake of one :roll:

Has ther ever been a better time to be a County fan

Chill
:roll: :roll:
Give it a rest Mr Hindsight.
First half was awful.
last time i checked Association football is played over 90 mins
Really I did not realise that.
Sorry to moan but we were awful first half.
Tell it as it was.
I believe you were listening to the radio.

Anyway to keep you happy a superb totally classy first half which we will all talk about for months ahead roll:

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
The game is 90 minutes but we were crap first half so why the rolls.

Comfortable win but report the whole game as it progresses.

Its not whinging its stating FACT

Exile 1976 wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:After a dire first half and 15 minutes of the second it became a stroll for us once down to 10 men.

Mickey 6 Jusy okay
Robbie 7 Some good centres second half after tripping over Shepard all the first.
Devitt 5 Not seen a lot.

Podge 6 well taken Pen

Bennett 5 ? Really, were you watching the same game? He played well.
Opinions.

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
pembsexile wrote:
OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
pembsexile wrote:Right, bring on the big boys. Don’t want City, Spurs, Leeds, Leicester, or Boro’. Someone new I hope. Cmon the County :grin: Draw Monday at 7pm I think.
If a home draw. Could it be in front of spectators? If so how will the limited tickets be allocated?
I think the game will be played in early Jan. That’s when 3rd round games normally are. A bit too early to predict what will happen with COVID. We will have to see what happens with the allowance of spectators. How cruel would it be if we did well against a top team and the fans weren’t there?
COVID obviously won't be going anywhere by Jan, therefore was thinking if spectators are allowed can't see it being more than the 2.000. Would drawing a premiership team be of any advantage, financially? Maybe a non-league team would be a greater opportunity to make money via the prize money?
Fair point. However, I have been thinking about the prize money. Apart from sponsorship, the FA get most of their FA Cup income from fans attending and then they share the pot as a percentage of FA games receipts go to them. I just hope that with the non attendance of fans in this crappy COVID year, that the prize money fund does not diminish.

There's a fair few people on here that need to make an appointment with their doctor for some anti-depressants. I had a look in around page 4 and honestly thought we must be getting hammered. Hardly a murmur for the goal that put us 1-0 up.

Have a look back at the extent of negativity (not opinion, its pure negativity) then look at the score, thenlook at the league 2 table.

And then make that appointment.

DT1892 wrote:Lowest club in the competition at home in the next round hopefully. No point in drawing a big club if there's no fans allowed in.
Totally agree, better to have a lower level side at home a pick up the prize money (should we win), than having a premiership side home or away if there are no fans, because there’s no turnstile money.
And who’s to say we would be on TV anyway.

whoareya wrote:There's a fair few people on here that need to make an appointment with their doctor for some anti-depressants. I had a look in around page 4 and honestly thought we must be getting hammered. Hardly a murmur for the goal that put us 1-0 up.

Have a look back at the extent of negativity (not opinion, its pure negativity) then look at the score, thenlook at the league 2 table.

You do not know the difference then between negativity and fact then.
Hopeless until they went down to 10 men then we cruised it.
FACT.
Got the result brilliant but if you want to report on the last 30 minutes fine.
A full Salford side would have been a different experience albeit Matty was missing.

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
pembsexile wrote:Right, bring on the big boys. Don’t want City, Spurs, Leeds, Leicester, or Boro’. Someone new I hope. Cmon the County :grin: Draw Monday at 7pm I think.
If a home draw. Could it be in front of spectators? If so how will the limited tickets be allocated?
Season ticket holders and sponsors say 1,200 or so then Trust Members which may be by ballot I guess.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
whoareya wrote:There's a fair few people on here that need to make an appointment with their doctor for some anti-depressants. I had a look in around page 4 and honestly thought we must be getting hammered. Hardly a murmur for the goal that put us 1-0 up.

You do not know the difference then between negativity and fact then.
Hopeless until they went down to 10 men then we cruised it.
FACT.
Got the result brilliant but if you want to report on the last 30 minutes fine.
A full Salford side would have been a different experience albeit Matty was missing.
Tend to agree, I can’t get too carried away because we were better when their team of reserves ( apparently many of whom hadn’t played together ) went down to 10 men. That doesn’t mean I’m not delighted to be in the hat and in my opinion does not score enough on the scale as to qualify for antidepressant therapy.

Mickey 6 Jusy okay
Devitt 5 Not seen a lot.

Podge 6 well taken Pen
Not sure how you can have Willmott as one of our best players otherwise would agree with others. Willmott did improve a lot second half and looked like he might be understanding what he needed to do, so made some good crosses but was woeful first half in the mix with others for me a 5 or may just a 6.

County Exile wrote:How much of the first half did you actually see Frank? I ask because up to about 20 minutes in you were saying FA cup matches aren't on I-Follow.

Wellens making his usual everybody else's fault style comments
Got on at 20 minutes so fair do's cannot comment on the first 20 but the 25 I watched and early second half were pretty dire.
Missed the Pen.
Interesting then, were we playing well until I viewed in mate?