Re: New Shirt Sponsor!

Stan A. Einstein wrote:Much of the discussion about charities above amplifies my point.

The board of directors are elected to make decisions. People will always have different opinions. And may well hold those opinions quite strongly.

Now if you invite opinion, lay out the options, listen to everyone's views and then make a decision, especially if you explain why you chosen a particular option, I don't really see how anyone can have much cause for complaint.

If however you simply say, this is what we have decided, now be a good chap and put your hand in your pocket, you invite hostility and piss people off.

And on the last count more than 50% of the money pledged had come from just two anonymous donors. Now Willthiswork asks whether these two might be the trust and others connected to the club. Like him I don't know. But we do know that supporters only ever learn of anything, if ever do that is when it's too late to do much about it. 'Our contract with Elite Management is coming to an end at the close of the season'.

Lovely to see Alan Bryant back, can Jimmy Exile be far behind? :grin:
Stan you must realise that the directors have authority to make decisions if every action was put out to debate and committee nothing would get done.
After been picked up on your pledge fake news you now have a new line of attack in concentration of donors - why are you not just happy that your club is finding support for its innovative idea?

Can’t be arsed getting into an argument so this is just my opinion but we may have had previous sponsors that paid a larger sum all well and good at a guess I would say the club have identified that £40k is minimum that is needed to kit squad and staff for matchday kits and training kits when we ever end up playing with so many businesses not even open for trading yet convincing any group to part with amount required may not be down to incompetence but I will agree that if a sponsor has pulled out or none have been willing this should be relayed.as some have said it will be interesting to see what sponsors to come to light for many other teams and sports as I don’t think we are going to be alone with this issue

George Street-Bridge wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote: As far as I can see, it may well be that your £200 has been debited, no doubt you can guide me to where I can be sure all the other donations likewise are money received.
It's how Crowdfunder, Justgiving etc work.
That may well be the case. But can you direct me as to where I can check this.

Also as I said I am happy to be corrected if I am wrong. So why the unnecessary Trumpism of 'fake news'.

jamiencafc wrote: The shirt sponsorship is our prime real estate for advertising.
Times have changed. Advertising in front of whom?

Well I assume that games will be televised by some means until fans allowed back (some say could be as early as October or late as January) so the advertising would be seen.

County ranger wrote:
Lovely to see Alan Bryant back, can Jimmy Exile be far behind? :grin:
Stan you must realise that the directors have authority to make decisions if every action was put out to debate and committee nothing would get done.
After been picked up on your pledge fake news you now have a new line of attack in concentration of donors - why are you not just happy that your club is finding support for its innovative idea?[/quote]

Let me answer your question.

If you read the thread, an awful lot of supporters who would not normally be classified as the awkward squad seem pretty p!ssed off. If as a club we are to succeed then the directors can't afford to alienate these fans.

The second point you raise about committees is misconceived. I don't suggest that it is not the job of the directors to make the decision. What I do suggest is that if the board of directors had one iota of sense, during these last few months of lockdown there was nothing to prevent them engaging with the supporters.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: If you read the thread, an awful lot of supporters who would not normally be classified as the awkward squad seem pretty p!ssed off. .
Even if you added together everyone who posts here say two or three times a week, it still wouldn't be "an awful lot of supporters".

Look at County Chat and Newport County on FB and also Twitter...you’ll see an awful lot of pissed off supporters over this.

jamiencafc wrote: The shirt sponsorship is our prime real estate for advertising.
I see that the press are allowed into the stadiums to cover the games. I would have thought that photographs of County shirts will be seen on a fairly regular basis on the BBC sports pages, Wales on line, The Western Mail, the South Wales Argus, local editions of Sunday papers, HTV, BBC, local news.

Do you ever stop to think before you post?

Alan G Bryant wrote:The point being missed is that charities have been amongst the hardest hit by coronavirus and many will face bankruptcy.

I also think it is important to wait and see what other record breaking sponsorship deals other league 2 clubs unveil before judging the clubs incompetence. I am fairly certain that companies finding £40k for matches to played behind closed doors on a date yet to be specified would not have been top of their agenda.

Lovely of Harry Kane to help Orient out though.
Pity a Premiership footballer couldn't do that for all lower league clubs!

Happy to be proven wrong... but I can't think of another way a club with no stadium can make 50k plus, as a one off payment?

jamiencafc wrote:
Happy to be proven wrong... but I can't think of another way a club with no stadium can make 50k plus, as a one off payment?
Time we got a stadium sorted then. :grin:

Frank Nouble 3 wrote: This puts the new ground zoom debate on the back burner also.
You are again falling into the trap of equating fundraising to meet the needs of any club in the real world with a few people discussing an idea on its forum.
"Again"?
I certainly accept your point that our board will not be interested regretfully with the lads discussion on Zoom, too much hastle for them. Look what Mr Hando said to Stan!
You clearly didn't realise it was a flippant comment by the way.