Re: New Shirt Sponsor!

Exile 1976 wrote:
Yeah I saw that there were two £1k pledges & one 5k pledge.
I hope none of these are from the Trust, Club Lottery or Supporters' Club etc... These are organisations who would give cash to the club anyway rather than incorporate it in these schemes. It always amazed me when they sponsored games and match balls - if the Commercial team can't get sponsors then perhaps it is time for a change?

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
excessbee wrote:Maybe efforts to secure shirt sponsorship have failed, not because of lack of effort, but because in these difficult commercial times, the business community is not awash with spare cash. Although the two are not linked, a week ago the suggestion of self-help for a stadium fund threw up the idea of a lot of people paying a small amount regularly, over ten years we now have people moaning about being asked to pay a small amount just once.
You just don't get it do you?
Show me a cause I can believe in, be open as to where the money goes, involve me in the decision making and I will give you my money on a regular basis.

Treat me as an idiot and I won't. Not a penny.
Stan stand for election then you get involved in decisions - I believe you were a lawyer so surely you have a grasp of how a board works. Now you may not agree with them and with enough support would of course as I believe you are a shareholder / trust member vote down proposals, rather than constantly moan. They do nothing you moan, they try and be imaginative you moan!
I do think you and others are always trying to encourage a them and us position which is a shame. If people want a supporters owned club now in times were commercially shirt sponsorship is a worthless commodity - we may not have the greatest commercial department but selling shirt sponsorship right now is a thankless task they should step up. No the comments suggest they want some corporate to bail us out. If not them reduce the budget by £40k and let's release / not sign another player
So, a bit of imagination seeking core support to donate less than the price of a match ticket and no doubt even for season ticket holders less than you would have spent attending fours games (beer, coffee etc) should be supported.
A point of detail on Go Funding the pledge only shows after a debit card / Paypal account has been debited, so sorry Stan those people are supporting the club with real cash not hot air!

Willthiswork wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:
Yeah I saw that there were two £1k pledges & one 5k pledge.
I hope none of these are from the Trust, Club Lottery or Supporters' Club etc... These are organisations who would give cash to the club anyway rather than incorporate it in these schemes. It always amazed me when they sponsored games and match balls - if the Commercial team can't get sponsors then perhaps it is time for a change?
Anonymous - 5k
Duncan Jardine - 1k
Kevin Ward media - 1k
Green Fox Ltd - 1k

excessbee wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
excessbee wrote:Maybe efforts to secure shirt sponsorship have failed, not because of lack of effort, but because in these difficult commercial times, the business community is not awash with spare cash. Although the two are not linked, a week ago the suggestion of self-help for a stadium fund threw up the idea of a lot of people paying a small amount regularly, over ten years we now have people moaning about being asked to pay a small amount just once.
Go ahead, o wise one. Just what is it you think I don't get?
Clearly wiser than you over this.

A huge number of people including my family and friends will donate in the hope that our charity will gain out of this in difficult times.

EG JDRF may get say £10K of donations quoting the charity for sponsorship but still end up 2nd or 3rd and get sweet FA.
Therefore all that effort from people not that interested in the club and the sponsors get zero or at best an Insignia somewhere on the KIt.
What would that money do for all 3 charities a fair bit one would hope.

County ranger wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Show me a cause I can believe in, be open as to where the money goes, involve me in the decision making and I will give you my money on a regular basis.

Stan stand for election then you get involved in decisions - I believe you were a lawyer so surely you have a grasp of how a board works. Now you may not agree with them and with enough support would of course as I believe you are a shareholder / trust member vote down proposals, rather than constantly moan. They do nothing you moan, they try and be imaginative you moan!
I do think you and others are always trying to encourage a them and us position which is a shame. If people want a supporters owned club now in times were commercially shirt sponsorship is a worthless commodity - we may not have the greatest commercial department but selling shirt sponsorship right now is a thankless task they should step up. No the comments suggest they want some corporate to bail us out. If not them reduce the budget by £40k and let's release / not sign another player
So, a bit of imagination seeking core support to donate less than the price of a match ticket and no doubt even for season ticket holders less than you would have spent attending fours games (beer, coffee etc) should be supported.
A point of detail on Go Funding the pledge only shows after a debit card / Paypal account has been debited, so sorry Stan those people are supporting the club with real cash not hot air!
Yawn, Yawn, Yawn.
Its not about the money its the way its done.
Another one on the cloud who just doesn't get it.
If the Commercial manager got sponsorship before the Pandemic and he should of, come clean if the sponsor pulled out.
Pretty sure there was nobody in the pipeline though.
How much do we pay for these experts who come and go?

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
excessbee wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:

A huge number of people including my family and friends will donate in the hope that our charity will gain out of this in difficult times.

EG JDRF may get say £10K of donations quoting the charity for sponsorship but still end up 2nd or 3rd and get sweet FA.
Therefore all that effort from people not that interested in the club and the sponsors get zero or at best an Insignia somewhere on the KIt.

Frank,

"If donations exceed £40,000, 50% of any additional donations will be shared on an equal basis with our three selected charities. "

Well Frank, my wisdom extends to understanding that anyone who is unhappy about their chosen charity (of the three) receiving only one third of the overspill should chose to donate a small amount (or nothing) to the shirt sponsorship and the bulk of their money to the charity of their choice. Donating in the hope that there will be £40+k in total seems a bit hit and miss. That might save the angst on your behalf.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
County ranger wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:

Yawn, Yawn, Yawn.
If the Commercial manager got sponsorship before the Pandemic and he should of, come clean if the sponsor pulled out.
That is just it Frank I don't think we pay huge salaries and whilst criticism with hindsight of the commercial progress on sponsorship could be made I am not sure we were in the habit of announcing shirt sponsorship in Feb / March and then Covid hit and if you need the issues that this brings to business spelt out then it really is a pointless debate with you.

Amberexile wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
excessbee wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:

Frank,

"If donations exceed £40,000, 50% of any additional donations will be shared on an equal basis with our three selected charities. "
Afternoon Amber.

Appreciate that but there are a lot of people pushing on social media the charity of my choice.
You need to get to £40K before it gains anything like the other 2 similarly would.
Appreciate a lot of donors are not interested in the charities but just the County itself.
Albeit a lot of money coming in will be sent for the charity rather than the club.
If all 3 were treated as the club sponsors regardless maybe I would feel differently.
Hopefully the club will get its target but if it failed none of the charities would be the sponsor.
All that possible money to cash strapped charities gone and no sponsorship.

Cheers anyway.

County ranger wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
County ranger wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:

Yawn, Yawn, Yawn.
That is just it Frank I don't think we pay huge salaries and whilst criticism with hindsight of the commercial progress on sponsorship could be made I am not sure we were in the habit of announcing shirt sponsorship in Feb / March and then Covid hit and if you need the issues that this brings to business spelt out then it really is a pointless debate with you.
Not announced but certainly being discussed with potential candidates.

Whoops sorry but not allowed an opinion unless I put myself down for the next round of elections.

Once again sorry but its Yawn, yawn, yawn

excessbee wrote:Well Frank, my wisdom extends to understanding that anyone who is unhappy about their chosen charity (of the three) receiving only one third of the overspill should chose to donate a small amount (or nothing) to the shirt sponsorship and the bulk of their money to the charity of their choice. Donating in the hope that there will be £40+k in total seems a bit hit and miss. That might save the angst on your behalf.
Will certainly be donating what I can as will family and friends in the hope that JDRF benefit hopefully in the long run.
That's for the charity not the incompetence of our commercial dept.

Much of the discussion about charities above amplifies my point.

The board of directors are elected to make decisions. People will always have different opinions. And may well hold those opinions quite strongly.

Now if you invite opinion, lay out the options, listen to everyone's views and then make a decision, especially if you explain why you chosen a particular option, I don't really see how anyone can have much cause for complaint.

If however you simply say, this is what we have decided, now be a good chap and put your hand in your pocket, you invite hostility and piss people off.

And on the last count more than 50% of the money pledged had come from just two anonymous donors. Now Willthiswork asks whether these two might be the trust and others connected to the club. Like him I don't know. But we do know that supporters only ever learn of anything, if ever do that is when it's too late to do much about it. 'Our contract with Elite Management is coming to an end at the close of the season'.

Lovely to see Alan Bryant back, can Jimmy Exile be far behind? :grin:

George Street-Bridge wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote: And let us remember that these are pledges not money collected.
Fake news. The sum appears when you finalise the online donation via a debit or credit card.
I am happy to be corrected if I am wrong. Why do you take such an unpleasant and confrontational stance?

Edit.

As far as I can see, it may well be that your £200 has been debited, no doubt you can guide me to where I can be sure all the other donations likewise are money received.