Re: New Shirt Sponsor!

County Exile wrote:In the last hour £1000 donated from the Subscription draw. I just don't get it - this and many other donations are from sources that would have put the same funds into the club anyway - not new money, which is what shirt sponsorship is supposed to be all about!
I get that, you get that, 66% of trust members who haven't donated to this fund get that. However it appears the Politburo presently running our club fail to get that. And rather than address the issue as to why our effort to raise money has been an embarrassing failure it seems the directors would rather come on here and have a dig at me.

Fine lads, I don't mind in the slightest. Well not the insults. As someone who desperately wants County to succeed don't you think that you would be better employed talking to supporters and asking them why they are so reluctant to assist?.

No criticism of the smile council and subscription draw. I have every admiration for people who volunteer their time and energy to assist our club. But for those trying to say that this is new money raised, ie the board of Newport County, all I can say is that this is not the worst mistake you've made but it is probably the most embarrassingly pathetic course of action taken by any professional football club I can remember in my 62 years on this earth.

I just don’t get this poor attempt to get a shirt sponsor.
What is the commercial manger up to or lack of up to?
Only 350 or so people have contributed so far.
And why are the subscription draw and AFC supporters club donating money that is already for the club. This is not new money.
Perhaps the board ought to realise that the people of Newport and the surrounding areas are not too keen to keep on dipping into their pockets especially in these harder times.
What sort of advertising campaign had been put out for this crowd funding? Bar from the Gus and the county website.
No money from me for these shirts.
Hand to mouth existence again at the county.
It’s about time the board realised that the majority of the 300k or so population of Newport and Gwent are not that interested in the county (just see the results on tv at 5 o’clock on a Saturday) as shown by our gates of about 3750
They need to get out there and promote the club big time.

Exile 1976 wrote:
weownourclub wrote:
County Exile wrote:weownourclub wrote:-
No point reasoning with these people mate! Credit to you and all involved.
By "These people" do you mean supporters who buy season tickets, shares, monthly trust membership, lottery subscriptions and contribute to virtually all other fundraising activities - but have genuine and reasonable questions to ask about this initiative? Or are we just supposed to pay up without questioning anything?

Maybe it is a reasonable scheme and the only possible option but we weren't given any information to make a judgement on that from the outset. We weren't told why it was decided to go down this route or whether or not we had tried traditional sponsorship options and failed to secure any. It wasn't totally clear from the start that separate deals were being considered for the home shirt sponsorship, away kit and 3rd kit. As usual it was the lack of clarity or information supplied to us so-called "owners"
Nope. And no offense to you at all pal. By these people I’m talking about 1 or 2 (maybe the same people) individuals who constantly spread negative s***.
I’m a positive guy and maybe I shouldn’t be. But sometimes I just can’t hack this negative nonsense.
Anyway UTC
In fairness you’re a member of The Board though.
Exile if he is its a total disgrace the way he talks about supporters who are seriously concerned at the way the club is being managed certainly commercially currently.
"We own our club" message for you sunshine I doubt if you were a thought in your parents minds when I was watching the lads going back 65 years now.
Clueless insulting clap trap and I prey you are not on our BOD.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
County Exile wrote:In the last hour £1000 donated from the Subscription draw. I just don't get it - this and many other donations are from sources that would have put the same funds into the club anyway - not new money, which is what shirt sponsorship is supposed to be all about!
Evening mate
Its just nuts moving money around to make the plea seem successful which it clearly isn't.
How daft to they think us supporters are?
This!

It’s all about opinions,mine is the club could have hung on a bit longer to see if outside sponsorship was out there.The away kit has front and back sponsors so who knows PP may have gone for a lower first kit only deal or another company could have been tempted.If we went down the route of free publicity for a charity then why not put County in the Community on the shirts if sponsors couldn’t be found.These three charities,all good causes,have done nothing yet are getting plenty from the club.

Fu Ming wrote:I just don’t get this poor attempt to get a shirt sponsor.
And why are the subscription draw and AFC supporters club donating money that is already for the club. This is not new money.
Perhaps the board ought to realise that the people of Newport and the surrounding areas are not too keen to keep on dipping into their pockets especially in these harder times.
What sort of advertising campaign had been put out for this crowd funding? Bar from the Gus and the county website.
It’s about time the board realised that the majority of the 300k or so population of Newport and Gwent are not that interested in the county (just see the results on tv at 5 o’clock on a Saturday) as shown by our gates of about 3750
So the 300k population of Newport are not interested in Newport County but you expect the board to source a lucrative sponsor on the back of this. Nice one

Percy plunkett wrote:It’s all about opinions,mine is the club could have hung on a bit longer to see if outside sponsorship was out there.The away kit has front and back sponsors so who knows PP may have gone for a lower first kit only deal or another company could have been tempted.If we went down the route of free publicity for a charity then why not put County in the Community on the shirts if sponsors couldn’t be found.These three charities,all good causes,have done nothing yet are getting plenty from the club.
You have lost me here Percy with your last sentence as a lot of non County supporters including my family have donated money that could have gone to JDRF but is going to the County with very little possibility of a tiny bit of sponsorship in return.
I have received mailings from the Charity direct asking as I live in Newport would I support Newport County and if so possibly send a donation.
To say the charities "have done nothing" is far from the truth.
In fact apart from the large donations which is not new money the 3 charities I would suggest have been the main source of the balance.with very little forthcoming from County regulars.

Alan G Bryant wrote:
So the 300k population of Newport are not interested in Newport County but you expect the board to source a lucrative sponsor on the back of this. Nice one
Correct or what is the Commercial manager receiving a salary for.
Nowt by the sounds of it.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Alan G Bryant wrote:
Correct or what is the Commercial manager receiving a salary for.
Nowt by the sounds of it.
There is another point here. One which is always missed.

Why do the board believe that if the people of Newport are not interested County? Could it be the way the board behave has something to do with this? Or are the people of Newport different? Mr Bryant, apologist in chief clearly thinks the former. I think he's wrong.

So let's develop this.I point out that per capita, Sligo are 16 times as successful in raising cash as Newport, And yet deputy chief apologist weownourclub simply says I'm negative. I think that's bollox. I think damage is done to County not by people who highlight the failings and suggest how we should change but by people who bury their heads in the sand.

You dear readers must make up your own minds.

I have never seen a real promotional campaign over the years to promote this Club. We seem to rely on playoff games, Wembley appearances and FA Cup ties to get floating supporters through the turnstiles. What we need to do is get supporters coming to County v Morecombe as much as County v Man City - not sure how you do this, but this is the only way we can progress as a club. From a commercial perspective, that must be down to the experience rather than the opposition.

Exile 1976 wrote:
weownourclub wrote:
County Exile wrote:weownourclub wrote:-
No point reasoning with these people mate! Credit to you and all involved.
By "These people" do you mean supporters who buy season tickets, shares, monthly trust membership, lottery subscriptions and contribute to virtually all other fundraising activities - but have genuine and reasonable questions to ask about this initiative? Or are we just supposed to pay up without questioning anything?

Maybe it is a reasonable scheme and the only possible option but we weren't given any information to make a judgement on that from the outset. We weren't told why it was decided to go down this route or whether or not we had tried traditional sponsorship options and failed to secure any. It wasn't totally clear from the start that separate deals were being considered for the home shirt sponsorship, away kit and 3rd kit. As usual it was the lack of clarity or information supplied to us so-called "owners"
Nope. And no offense to you at all pal. By these people I’m talking about 1 or 2 (maybe the same people) individuals who constantly spread negative s***.
I’m a positive guy and maybe I shouldn’t be. But sometimes I just can’t hack this negative nonsense.
Anyway UTC

In fairness you’re a member of The Board though.
:lol: :lol:

Alan G Bryant wrote:
Fu Ming wrote: They need to get out there and promote the club big time.
Alan. Fu Ming says that the directors and the Commercial Officer 'need to get out there and promote the club big time. I agree with him and don't understand why you persist in claiming Fu Ming has said something he clearly hasn't. Perhaps if I repeat the sentiment? They need to get out there and promote the club big time.
Does that help? No? Maybe if I shout, sorry everyone but we need Alan to get this.

THEY NEED TO GET OUT THERE AND PROMOTE THE CLUB BIG TIME!!!!!!!!!!!