Reebok-Prediction League

Newport County natter & football chatter.
no avatar
User

SULLY34

Newport

Reebok-Prediction League

Postby SULLY34 » February 15th, 2020, 8:21 am

Morning Reebok, any news regarding the issues with the Prediction League ?
User

reebok0165

Newport

Re: Reebok-Prediction League

Postby reebok0165 » February 15th, 2020, 10:29 am

SULLY34 wrote:Morning Reebok, any news regarding the issues with the Prediction League ?

Unfortunately, the owner Darren Williams (username Phoenix) has terminated the prediction league. Due to server / host requirements to keep it up and running, he requested if i'd be willing to take full control of the prediction league. I'm no computer literate person so i as good as wouldn't know where to start. I've been admin of it for the past two seasons and this one. He has since stated that he may look into setting it up again in the summer ready for next season.
User

reebok0165

Newport

Postby reebok0165 » February 15th, 2020, 10:30 am

SULLY34 wrote:Morning Reebok, any news regarding the issues with the Prediction League ?

Unfortunately, the owner Darren Williams (username Phoenix) has terminated the prediction league. Due to server / host requirements to keep it up and running, he requested if i'd be willing to take full control of the prediction league. I'm no computer literate person so i as good as wouldn't know where to start. I've been admin of it for the past two seasons and this one. He has since stated that he may look into setting it up again in the summer ready for next season.
no avatar
User

SULLY34

Newport

Postby SULLY34 » February 15th, 2020, 11:44 am

Thanks for your response Reebok
no avatar
User

peppy56

Postby peppy56 » February 15th, 2020, 11:49 am

I certainly wouldn't have predicted that.
no avatar
User

Phoenix

Postby Phoenix » February 15th, 2020, 1:04 pm

The prediction league software is very old, full of bugs and falling apart. It’s been up over 10 years now. A huge thanks to Reebok, Elmo and anyone else who’s helped run it over the years but it looks like we’re going to have to pull the plug. The software need updating and maintaining which I don’t have the time to do.

I did start building new software a while back which allows for private mini leagues which you can invite friends to, as well as a main league. I need to find the time to revisit this again over the summer and I’ll keep you updated.

UTP

DW