Hello County my old friend

Newport County natter & football chatter.
no avatar
User

Blackandamber

Location

Cwmbran

Hello County my old friend

Postby Blackandamber » February 14th, 2020, 11:19 pm

Song to the tune of the Sound of Silence by Simon & Garfunkel:

Hello County my old friend
When will you score a goal again
You're shooting wide & you're shooting high
But still it's County Till I Die
And the vision that was planted on the Cromwell End
Still remains
Within the Amber Army
User avatar
User

papajohn

Location

51DegN, 2DegW,

Re: Hello County my old friend

Postby papajohn » February 15th, 2020, 10:53 am

Blackandamber wrote:Song to the tune of the Sound of Silence by Simon & Garfunkel:

Hello County my old friend
When will you score a goal again
You're shooting wide & you're shooting high
But still it's County Till I Die
And the vision that was planted on the Cromwell End
Still remains
Within the Amber Army


We'll not forget we walked alone
Welsh FA with hearts of stone
But our friends were with us far and wide
The Gloucester English standing by our side
And the vision that was planted on that Cromwell Lane
Still remains
Within the Amber Army

Keep it going. There's plenty of poets on this forum.
no avatar
User

Blackandamber

Location

Cwmbran

Re: Hello County my old friend

Postby Blackandamber » February 15th, 2020, 11:15 am

papajohn wrote:
Blackandamber wrote:Song to the tune of the Sound of Silence by Simon & Garfunkel:

Hello County my old friend
When will you score a goal again
You're shooting wide & you're shooting high
But still it's County Till I Die
And the vision that was planted on the Cromwell End
Still remains
Within the Amber Army


We'll not forget we walked alone
Welsh FA with hearts of stone
But our friends were with us far and wide
The Gloucester English standing by our side
And the vision that was planted on that Cromwell Lane
Still remains
Within the Amber Army

Keep it going. There's plenty of poets on this forum.


That's very good. We need a like button on the messageboard.
no avatar
User

peppy56

Re: Hello County my old friend

Postby peppy56 » February 15th, 2020, 11:28 am

Hello Harpsy my old friend
Amond's man of the match again
As his work rate will take some beating
His silky skills get me out my seating
And the vision that was planted in my brain
Still remains
User avatar
User

County Exile

Location

Frome, Somerset

Re: Hello County my old friend

Postby County Exile » February 15th, 2020, 11:34 am

Or Scarborough fair?

Are you going to Mansfield Town?
We're not going up and not going down.
Jordan, Podge, Jamma and Tris
Their shooting at present is a bit hit and miss.
no avatar
User

Frank Nouble 3

Re: Hello County my old friend

Postby Frank Nouble 3 » February 15th, 2020, 11:54 am

peppy56 wrote:Hello Harpsy my old friend
Amond's man of the match again
As his work rate will take some beating
His silky skills get me out my seating
And the vision that was planted in my brain
Still remains


Back with us again rncfc.
Try keeping your head down.
You may not get noticed then.
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Re: Hello County my old friend

Postby Stan A. Einstein » February 15th, 2020, 11:57 am

Hello darkness my old friend,
It's the '70's once again,
I'm skinhead with some nasty roots,
Scarlet braces and me DM boots,
And I loves it,
When Cardiff is on the run,
It's so much fun,
I love the sound,
Of violence.
no avatar
User

peppy56

Re: Hello County my old friend

Postby peppy56 » February 15th, 2020, 11:57 am

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
peppy56 wrote:Hello Harpsy my old friend
Amond's man of the match again
As his work rate will take some beating
His silky skills get me out my seating
And the vision that was planted in my brain
Still remains


Back with us again rncfc.
Try keeping your head down.
You may not get noticed then.


You and SE are the most abusive posters on these forums by a long stretch. Quite how he got banned and you two haven't I've no idea.
no avatar
User

Frank Nouble 3

Re: Hello County my old friend

Postby Frank Nouble 3 » February 15th, 2020, 12:03 pm

peppy56 wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
peppy56 wrote:Hello Harpsy my old friend
Amond's man of the match again
As his work rate will take some beating
His silky skills get me out my seating
And the vision that was planted in my brain
Still remains


Back with us again rncfc.
Try keeping your head down.
You may not get noticed then.


You and SE are the most abusive posters on these forums by a long stretch. Quite how he got banned and you two haven't I've no idea.


Thanks for the confirmation.
Change "he" to I also

Sorry Blackandamber but useless at making lyrics to tunes mate.
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Re: Hello County my old friend

Postby Stan A. Einstein » February 15th, 2020, 12:24 pm

Then again,

I have got older,
Lost all my hair,
I don't need to tell you how,
Flynny just saying,
We're doing fine,
But missing chances,
All of the time,
I've been to Spytty,
Rodney too,
I remember the Somerton roar,
But will I still be alive,
Able to thrive,
The next time County score.
no avatar
User

Frank Nouble 3

Re: Hello County my old friend

Postby Frank Nouble 3 » February 15th, 2020, 12:29 pm

Just noticed

Happy birthday mate

Young pup
no avatar
User

Blackandamber

Location

Cwmbran

Re: Hello County my old friend

Postby Blackandamber » February 15th, 2020, 1:32 pm

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:Just noticed

Happy birthday mate

Young pup


Woof. Thanks Frank.
no avatar
User

mad norm

Location

In a Station Lane not as long as Warnhams

Re: Hello County my old friend

Postby mad norm » February 15th, 2020, 1:39 pm

Oh the grand ol' Duke of Flynn
He had ten thousand men
and non of them could f@@king score


Arr the lyrics are flowing like soft velvet from my lips :bounce:
User avatar
User

papajohn

Location

51DegN, 2DegW,

Re: Hello County my old friend

Postby papajohn » February 15th, 2020, 1:43 pm

mad norm wrote:Oh the grand ol' Duke of Flynn
He had ten thousand men
and non of them could f@@king score

So he played 'em once again
no avatar
User

Blackandamber

Location

Cwmbran

Re: Hello County my old friend

Postby Blackandamber » February 15th, 2020, 2:40 pm

Blackandamber wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:Just noticed

Happy birthday mate

Young pup


Woof. Thanks Frank.


I don't remember the County ever winning on my birthday :(
Next

Who is online

Powered by phpBB ®