Re: Ledley

county2016 wrote:Just a heard rumour bony and ledley would sign if offered 3k each a week .....would increased gate money pay that I'm not sure
No chance and on basis he could not get an extension with Charlton not worth it.
A has been who would disrupt wage structure and looking now like he is getting desperate for a pay day.
I would pay him a modest retainer per game on a pay when play basis plus a % of gate receipts above a crowd of say 3,600. Let him set the team alight before taking our money.

County ranger wrote:
county2016 wrote:Just a heard rumour bony and ledley would sign if offered 3k each a week .....would increased gate money pay that I'm not sure
No chance and on basis he could not get an extension with Charlton not worth it.
A has been who would disrupt wage structure and looking now like he is getting desperate for a pay day.
I would pay him a modest retainer per game on a pay when play basis plus a % of gate receipts above a crowd of say 3,600. Let him set the team alight before taking our money.

In broad agreement with others now. As we've had no news by now I would say it's too late. Kindly invite him to go elsewhere.
Is it too late now to sign anyone else as a Plan B, or should we save our money, given the chances of another unlikely play off place appear to have receded?.

I've got no problem with Ledley and Bony training with us to keep fit, in fact I positively support it. Think folk are forgetting the positive influence players of this calibre are going to have on our younger Lge2 standard lads, the sort of things Lesley can show Sheehan probably can't be coached, same for Bony helping our strikers.

Box to box type really, good left foot. midfield three of labs sheehan and ledley sounds good to me.

Still don't think the deal is remotely realistic but the fact he's still around the club means we probably have at least a glimmer of a shot.

County Exile wrote:
novel media
@novel_sports
·
4h
It's OFFICIAL: Saudi Professional League club Al Ittihad have completed the signing of Former Manchester City forward Wilfried Bony on a free transfer.
Yes it was on the correct thread named Wilfred Bony last night

If Ledley felt he had a genuine chance of making the Euro's,he would have signed for us in November.Money wouldn't have been the issue,he would have got games and if he did really well then,Championship clubs would have signed him in this window.If he had done ok then,he stays playing for us knowing that if he keeps performing then Giggs will still be watching and there was still a chance.He seems only interested in the money and a final payday knowing that he is crocked.

Percy plunkett wrote:If Ledley felt he had a genuine chance of making the Euro's,he would have signed for us in November.Money wouldn't have been the issue,he would have got games and if he did really well then,Championship clubs would have signed him in this window.If he had done ok then,he stays playing for us knowing that if he keeps performing then Giggs will still be watching and there was still a chance.He seems only interested in the money and a final payday knowing that he is crocked.

Why would he have signed for Newport County in November when he was in talks with, and then signed a deal with Championship side Charlton instead?