Re: Ledley

I total agree I would not even entertain signing him now would of all ready been playing for us if he had wanted to. Turned us down last time an will do again this has gone on too long and I can't see us going up or down if he signs or not so don't waste the money.

Hopefully we have set him a deadline of (say) Wednesday so that we can spend the budget on someone else if he doesn't sign up. Yeah - he's on the verge of outstaying his welcome (on the training pitch) IMO. I could go on ...

rgds Dave

He’d be stupid to sign with us just now if his agent is telling him he could get a better deal elsewhere.
In fairness I don’t really think we’re many (if any) professional footballers’ first choice club to sign for.
If fit he’d be a great signing to have as I bet he’d get us a few extra on the gate and he’d have played much higher standard than any of our other players. If the money is right for us, and he’s fit, I really hope he signs.

Exile 1976 wrote:He’d be stupid to sign with us just now if his agent is telling him he could get a better deal elsewhere.
In fairness I don’t really think we’re many (if any) professional footballers’ first choice club to sign for.
If fit he’d be a great signing to have as I bet he’d get us a few extra on the gate and he’d have played much higher standard than any of our other players. If the money is right for us, and he’s fit, I really hope he signs.
Unless you're Manchester United or Liverpool or Barcelona etc no club is the first choice of any player. The real point is given a choice of County or Gillingham say, we should be aiming to be a better option.

Mrp wrote:I total agree I would not even entertain signing him now would of all ready been playing for us if he had wanted to. Turned us down last time an will do again this has gone on too long and I can't see us going up or down if he signs or not so don't waste the money.
I’m coming to the same conclusion, it should have happened by now , move on! .....and take Bony with you.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:He’d be stupid to sign with us just now if his agent is telling him he could get a better deal elsewhere.
Unless you're Manchester United or Liverpool or Barcelona etc no club is the first choice of any player. The real point is given a choice of County or Gillingham say, we should be aiming to be a better option.
To be fair, our exploits over the last couple of seasons, I would imagine have significantly raised our profile and made us a much attractive option ?

By accounts Bony said that he couldn't play for the County as it would look bad on his CV.
Question. Why the heck allow him the facilities with that attitude.
Flynny says its good to have him hanging around.
I think the opposite.

The main point now should be that we don't even think about moving our offer (assuming there has been one) in the direction of his demand. As pointed out earlier, our chances of a playoff place have probably deminished since the suggestion Ledley may sign was raised. The outcome should be that it's becoming less of a sensible option to persue.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:By accounts Bony said that he couldn't play for the County as it would look bad on his CV.
Question. Why the heck allow him the facilities with that attitude.
Flynny says its good to have him hanging around.
I think the opposite.

I dont like this , I am in agreement with you Frank. :shock:

I hope he has plenty of ink left in his pen for the long list of clubs queuing up to sign him ............. not.
If he is so 'above us' then why hasn't any club offered him a deal ?
Maybe he needs a dash of realism in his life and snatch Flynn's hand off and accept the deal offered. Either that or sign on the rock and roll. He needs to realise he is an unemployed footballer with a very limited amount of time left in his career.

The same applies to Ledley........Did Charlton offer an extended deal to him after his one month deal ? Perhaps that should tell him something as they are not setting the world alight this season but decided they didnt need him

Stan A. Einstein wrote:

With Gillingham being a League 1 club that no doubt pays players more money than us we could aim all we like, but currently, given a choice of signing for us or them I’d be extremely surprised if any player signed for us instead.

Exile 1976 wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

With Gillingham being a League 1 club that no doubt pays players more money than us we could aim all we like, but currently, given a choice of signing for us or them I’d be extremely surprised if any player signed for us instead.
JE/ Byrne/Jackson.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

JE/ Byrne/Jackson.
Absolutely. But there is no reason that should remain the case.

county2016 wrote:Just a heard rumour bony and ledley would sign if offered 3k each a week .....would increased gate money pay that I'm not sure
Now I’m very open to both using our facilities and training with us if it offers something to both sides .... ie our youngest players picking their brains and advice etc.

But if they are trying to get the club to break our wage structure (I’m assuming we have one), to line their pension pots or whatever ..... they can Fook off.