Re: Grandstand - Leicester City U21

Good Evening!
By no coincidence at all I bumped into several Leicester fans today ( work is Market Harborough based, half hour from Leicester).
They are unaware and totally disinterested in this!
Let’s hope their players are too, it obviously is more important to us than them and I think is going to get a reasonable attendance. I shall be splashing out a tenner to watch on I-follow. Make sure you give us a wave!

Phil in Northampton

Amberexile wrote:
G Guest wrote:The Leicester starting 11 includes Matty James who is aged 28 and has 100 first team appearances. Squad number 22.
They are allowed 5 players over 21 a n the starting 11, any others?
Five! Crikey, that's as many as they can squeeze in and keep it as it says on the tin 'Under 21s'. Is that the maximum quota in the matchday squad, or can there be other overage players on the subs bench?
Last edited by excessbee on February 4th, 2020, 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

excessbee wrote:
Amberexile wrote:
G Guest wrote:The Leicester starting 11 includes Matty James who is aged 28 and has 100 first team appearances. Squad number 22.
They are allowed 5 players over 21 a n the starting 11, any others?
Five! Crikey, that's as many as they can squeeze in and keep it as it says on the tin 'Under 21s'
Does that mean at a later stage in the game they could have eight overage players on the pitch?
7.8 Each Invited Club must ensure that in each Match:

7.8.1 at least six of the starting eleven players named on the Team Sheet are players who were aged under 21 as at the 30th June in the year in which the Season concerned commenced; and

7.8.2 no more than two players who:

(i) are aged 21 or over; and

(ii) have made 40 or more appearances in a First Team Fixture (either in the starting elven or as a playing substitute)

in each case as at the 30th June in the year in which the Season concerned, shall be named on the Team Sheet.