County Flag - Port Elizabeth

Only just clocked it today but I see a nice big flag taken by a County fan to the test match at Port Elizabeth. It has the Rising Sun printed on it, hope that's The Rising Sun at High Cross, my old local.

It formed a lovely backdrop to Mark Wood fielding in the deep at 128-8. :grin:

Ironically it was two flags down from an English Swindon flag. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
Last edited by Dave John on January 20th, 2020, 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: County Flag - Port Elizabeth

Dave John wrote:Only just clocked it today but I see a nice big flag taken by a County fan to the test match at Port Elizabeth. It has the Rising Sun printed on it, hope that's The Rising Sun at High Cross, my old local.

Ironically it was two flags down from an English Swindon flag. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
Even more Rogie boys,we are everywhere.

Dave John wrote:Only just clocked it today but I see a nice big flag taken by a County fan to the test match at Port Elizabeth. It has the Rising Sun printed on it, hope that's The Rising Sun at High Cross, my old local.

You must be the guy who played for the Cuckoos in midfield and began your career with the mighty Rogie Thirds.

Percy plunkett wrote:

You must be the guy who played for the Cuckoos in midfield and began your career with the mighty Rogie Thirds.
?? Sorry Percy, that's not me.However I'm a High Cross / Rogerstone boy alright.

Dave John wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:

?? Sorry Percy, that's not me.However I'm a High Cross / Rogerstone boy alright.
It’s another Dai John, Billy’s son who used to live up on High Cross Rd by the canal. Played cricket for the Fugies too.