Re: Liverpool latest signing

Not entirely amused by this story.
I am not saying that this is anti-Liverpool prejudice. The humour is in the unexpected switch from Iraq to Liverpool. We can laugh at ourselves in Liverpool (What do you call a Scouser in a suit?...The accused) But it does possibly tap in to an assumption that Liverpool is lawless like Iraq - and it isn’t!
As someone born and brought up in Newport and resident in Liverpool for over 50 years, I can assure you life here is rather better than in Iraq! And possibly in Newport!!
However, County are still no 1 for me and Liverpool no 2.

This joke has been circulating round various fans' forums for years, first time I read it was on the redandwhitekop.com forum. It was mildly funny then and still is now.

As the previous poster suggests, our Scouse friends have always had a genuinely good sense of humour and that includes jokes about themselves.

The correct place for this joke was, if course, in our Jokes thread on the other page

DeePeeNCAFC wrote:This joke has been circulating round various fans' forums for years, first time I read it was on the redandwhitekop.com forum. It was mildly funny then and still is now.
Agree about it circulating for a long time, don't agree with mildly funny, I found it so funny that the first time I heard it I fell out of my cot.

The Wolf wrote:
daftasfxxx wrote:
papajohn wrote:
daftasfxxx wrote:It's to do with the unedited version which was copied below and mentions gang rape but tbh it's a copy and paste joke aimed at scousers and nothing malicious intended by the poster
I would hope that justanordinaryfan would realise that I have not seen any previous versions and lets me off for having a go at his point of view. Similarly if that version contained material which could be construed as racist. I don't know, I didn't see the original, only the version shown above. Might have been better if the whole thing was retracted. Best wishes to all.
It's below the original post, the one blackandamber quoted and not remotely racist only in one posters snowflake mind
You are saying that I'm not entitled to an opinion?
I'd been evaluating what you'd originally said but then I read this one, which rather calls into question your verbal reasoning.

Disagreeing with someone is not the same as denying them the right to voice an opinion.

Merseymale wrote:Not entirely amused by this story.
I am not saying that this is anti-Liverpool prejudice. The humour is in the unexpected switch from Iraq to Liverpool. We can laugh at ourselves in Liverpool (What do you call a Scouser in a suit?...The accused) But it does possibly tap in to an assumption that Liverpool is lawless like Iraq - and it isn’t!
As someone born and brought up in Newport and resident in Liverpool for over 50 years, I can assure you life here is rather better than in Iraq! And possibly in Newport!!
However, County are still no 1 for me and Liverpool no 2.
Great post. Your last sentence I could have written myself. :grin: County v Plymouth a few years ago in the cup. If only, if only. I used to like DJ as well. Seeing the County at Anfield for me would probably top County at Wembley.

The Wolf wrote:
pembsexile wrote:
The Wolf wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:Taken out

Wouldn't want to offend anyone in these pc times
Are you now admitting that you were being racist?
I’ve read the original post a few times. Are you seriously suggesting that because he was from Baghdad that meant the joke was racist?

In my opinion yes.
Well my opinion is that you were more interested in having a pop at UTP than alleging any racist element in the joke. There wasn’t any.

The Wolf wrote:
daftasfxxx wrote:
papajohn wrote:
daftasfxxx wrote:It's to do with the unedited version which was copied below and mentions gang rape but tbh it's a copy and paste joke aimed at scousers and nothing malicious intended by the poster
I would hope that justanordinaryfan would realise that I have not seen any previous versions and lets me off for having a go at his point of view. Similarly if that version contained material which could be construed as racist. I don't know, I didn't see the original, only the version shown above. Might have been better if the whole thing was retracted. Best wishes to all.
It's below the original post, the one blackandamber quoted and not remotely racist only in one posters snowflake mind
You are saying that I'm not entitled to an opinion?
Of course you're entitled to an opinion even though you're wrong and I stand by mine that it's only racist in your snowflake mind