Re: Grandstand - Swindon at a muddy Rodney Parade

With Matt winning more aerial balls and Abraham's getting control of the ball further up the pitch, coupled with Sheehan get closer to the front two we looked far more dangerous offensively, as demonstrated by our early goal. Thought Swindon tried in vain to get to the bye line first half, but with Innis and demetriou working in union with their respective wing backs largely nullified their attempts. Second half they resorted to a more direct long ball approach trying to turn our CBs with a little more success, but we manage to restrict them to a single attempt on target.

Special Branch wrote:-
I spent fifteen minutes on their forum. What a miserable bunch! I really hope they miss out on promotion after their arrogance e.g. not playing us or Cambridge next season.
I agree. They were even trying to get their excuses in before kick-off.

2 matches played 4-0 to us and one of those matches played on their "perfect" playing surface. :grin:

Exeter's message board is worth a visit. They love us at the moment. :lol:

I had forgotten just how quick Jordan Green is. One run where he shot across the pitch beating their player to the ball with a sliding tackle was like a rocket! :lol:

neilcork68 wrote:Having to watch the game via i-follow this afternoon as I have a Sickness Bug / Food Poisoning and Influenza Bug....... so good or bad I wont be commenting much on the game...

I wonder what odds Paddy Power would have given me to get all three things at the same time ????
Who’d have thought hey, up until the 70th minute against Scunthorpe you’ve been typing like Barbara Blackburn used to, now you’re too poorly to comment.

What rotten timing for you , get well soon.

I would take Danny Rose over Dolan any day. Always been a steady player and does the basics right with a good engine. Swindon lacked midfielders with penetration today -thankfully. Rose is the same player from ten years ago who has an eye for a pass but is a left to right player. He would compliment Labs and Sheehan perfectly.

Looks like Jordan Green is going to lively as well....

Best game I have seen from Scott Bennett in a County shirt today.

What a brilliant performance by the whole team today, Swindon were non existent and I dont think that the pitch in any way made it difficult to play,in fact I think modern day teams make too big a deal out of playing surfaces.--they are footballers and are supposed to have ball control but too much is made out of the smallest excuse for losing, considering the fact that both teams played on it--the team that loses always moan Absolutely Brilliant performance NEWPORT COUNTY !!!
Come on the Port !!...................Bob Bassett

Not impressed with Swindon and what was that kit? It looked like a baseball uniform. Players were arguing with one another their supporters seemed to be fighting among themselves.

Pitch stood up very well. I thought the new RB struggled a bit but Green has got even quicker than when he was with us before and used to run out of pitch. Outstanding cameo. Best game I've seen from Labadie since before his injury.