Re: FOUR ON THE BOUNCE

Percy plunkett wrote:
Morganrum wrote:Changing the manager isn’t always the answer , but changing the recruitment process might be , our squad looks old and hasn’t evolved.
Who is responsible for signing players?
The manager presumably, as none of the board would have their fingers on that particular pulse surely.
Anyone care to estimate our success rate at signings. We’ve a few turkeys on the books at the moment we don’t need any more even at Xmas.

I do think Mike Flynn is doing a good job, but I don't know what the answer is, the one thing that gets on my nerves is that bloody high ball thumped up to the left wide midfield, which NEVER alters and never gets brought to ground level but IS bashed back and forward without a thought of bringing the ball to ground, and passed to a team mate. Every time County take a goal kick from the railway end its sky high up the left side -no one ever tries to bring the ball down and use it. Joe Day never varied this tactic.
Having said all hat I don't think the Manager can be blamed solely for that irritating tactic, I would have thought that the team meetings is when the tactics are decided ---What do players learn when they "take their Badges" -----Hoof it and Hope ???
Come on County vary things a bit !!...……..Come on the Port …………. Bob Bassett

Percy plunkett wrote:
Morganrum wrote:Changing the manager isn’t always the answer , but changing the recruitment process might be , our squad looks old and hasn’t evolved.
Who is responsible for signing players?
I’m assuming Flynn but the fact that the main players missing today are long serving indicates that the loan
signings and permanent signings haven’t come off so far.

Flynn could come out of this a much better manager, you don’t become a bad manager after 4 defeats.

BertieB wrote:I do think Mike Flynn is doing a good job, but I don't know what the answer is, the one thing that gets on my nerves is that bloody high ball thumped up to the left wide midfield, which NEVER alters and never gets brought to ground level but IS bashed back and forward without a thought of bringing the ball to ground, and passed to a team mate. Every time County take a goal kick from the railway end its sky high up the left side -no one ever tries to bring the ball down and use it. Joe Day never varied this tactic.
Having said all hat I don't think the Manager can be blamed solely for that irritating tactic, I would have thought that the team meetings is when the tactics are decided ---What do players learn when they "take their Badges" -----Hoof it and Hope ???
Come on County vary things a bit !!...……..Come on the Port …………. Bob Bassett
"Railway end"
"team meetings"
"take their badges"
I know you are getting on but blimey.
By the way really didn't like your comment regarding Alex (commentator last Friday.)
For an old boy like me you were bang out of order.
Manners sunshine

UPTHEPORT wrote:Calm down every one all teams go through a tough spell

I'm sure Flynny will turn it around
You are right all teams go through these runs. I'm not sure he will turn it round. I believe that this is Flynn's big test. He may turn it around, I hope he does. What I do find worrying is that he does have a tendency to find excuses and blame others. What he needs is a little self reflection.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:Calm down every one all teams go through a tough spell

I'm sure Flynny will turn it around
You are right all teams go through these runs. I'm not sure he will turn it round. I believe that this is Flynn's big test. He may turn it around, I hope he does. What I do find worrying is that he does have a tendency to find excuses and blame others. What he needs is a little self reflection.
Agree with all of this. Would add that self reflection is required from most of the players also,as from what I have witnessed most of this season they have not performed to the levels of which they are capable.

mad norm wrote:Played 18

Goals 17

FFS
I never knew that but just looked and we’ve conceded just 15. To compare this to last year at the same stage , we’d scored 32 but conceded 34. It seems we have to get the balance right or that we’ve turned into a safety first team.

Our defence was a lot better the latter part of last season once Poole joined in January

MF has been extremely savvy in securing a long term contract. Was that his aim with the white noise of Lincoln and previously Bristol Rovers? I don't know the answer to that, but what I do know is that we will have a good idea of his management acumen by the end of the contract whether that be through signing for another club, the club not offering a contract at the end or through sacking (which I hope doesn't happen for a number of reasons).

Mr Figo wrote:MF has been extremely savvy in securing a long term contract. Was that his aim with the white noise of Lincoln and previously Bristol Rovers? I don't know the answer to that, but what I do know is that we will have a good idea of his management acumen by the end of the contract whether that be through signing for another club, the club not offering a contract at the end or through sacking (which I hope doesn't happen for a number of reasons).
Agree entirely. I would only add that I don't blame Michael Flynn for doing the very best he can for himself. He like everyone else is going to look out for himself and his family first. As the great American impresario said. "Never give a sucker an even break."

Just got back had a weekend away.

First half I thought we defended very well and looked comfortable, Bradford did very little and possibly only had one shot direct on goal. The frustrating thing then was they scored when we were looking comfortable and I thought we're good for a point here and could possibly nick it if Bradford chase the game late on.

Up to the goal was it a great game-no but that didnt bother me because Bradford were poor.

It seems it's the reverse of last season IE we hit a spell where we were scoring for fun but conceding too easily, now we don't concede many but dont look like scoring.

4 defeats 2 away where I didn't expect much so we need to make RP a fortress again. I try to look at fixtures in batches and it's the bottom 2 next which bring a whole different challenge, let's see where we are after that. I still think we'll get it right.