Re: Brighton Away

The official attendance was 292. Figures like this give ammunition to those who question the presence of B teams in the competition. The interest shown by Brighton fans was virtually zero.

But I've seen a report which claims that Sunderland earned £1million by reaching the final at Wembley last season.

G Guest wrote:The official attendance was 292. Figures like this give ammunition to those who question the presence of B teams in the competition. The interest shown by Brighton fans was virtually zero.

But I've seen a report which claims that Sunderland earned £1million by reaching the final at Wembley last season.
Would be interesting to know how many would turn up for the final if an under 21 side made it

Would love us to get to Wembley again mind

George Street-Bridge wrote:But were those players necessarily eligible for the U21s?

That's a good point that I had forgotten. Only two players over the age of 21 are permitted in the B teams. Brighton had Steele who is in his mid 20s and another aged 22. Of their starting 11 only 4 players were over the age of 19. The question might be why the format is so restrictive and should n't the age limit be raised to 23 which fits better with the way that premier teams set up their development squads.

Having said that we should remember that Brighton topped their trophy group which included 2 league 1 sides. Given our current problems our cobbled together team did well.

George Street-Bridge wrote:No U21s in the last eight in the southern section, only Man City through so far in the north with Leicester and Man Utd playing tonight.
Ironically, that might lessen our chances of going one round further in the competition. Nevertheless, I'm glad to see them all eliminated.

Another £20K in the coffers, brilliant.
Lads on the periphery plus the kids given a chance to shine, which they seem to do every time in this competition.
Seen a couple of games now and the football nice on the eye.

Purchase £100 product on Amazon and County get 50p.
Win a game at this stage and we get a comparison of a thousand paying punters to a league game.
Keep them coming.