Re: Open letter to the board re catering.

Triangle wrote:Stan,

How much did you grill the rumor starters in the Hogarth, what evidence did they provide?

Cheers
Go on the Admin error meant OB missed today's game, read from page 2

The first mention of the catering is there

"I’m not sure if this is true or not but was speaking to a fellow fan in Hogarths earlier and he reckons that the guy who does the food for the players is Foxhall’s mate who was given the job of doing the food this season.

If, and only if, this is true, then I’m worried about the checks and balances that are happening within the club.

With all that’s said, this is just a minor thing, but my major worry is Flynn going public with his frustrations. This is far more significant that the sandwiches not being delivered on time."

The poster quite rightly qualifies this as a rumour.

The very next post is from you know who:

*With respect to the contract to provide food there really should be a protocol in place.

All contracts over a nominal £250 should be put out to tender.

It really is that simple."

That's the first mention of a contract and that a protocol should be in place. No one else has mentioned it.
And first mention of his absurd £250 threshold for tendering contracts.

If you read the posts thereafter you will see the tone and direction of the comments.
And who from.

No grilling, no evidence.

whoareya wrote:

How much did you grill the rumor starters in the Hogarth, what evidence did they provide?

Cheers
Go on the Admin error meant OB missed today's game, read from page 2

The first mention of the catering is there

"I’m not sure if this is true or not but was speaking to a fellow fan in Hogarths earlier and he reckons that the guy who does the food for the players is Foxhall’s mate who was given the job of doing the food this season.

If, and only if, this is true, then I’m worried about the checks and balances that are happening within the club.

With all that’s said, this is just a minor thing, but my major worry is Flynn going public with his frustrations. This is far more significant that the sandwiches not being delivered on time."

The poster quite rightly qualifies this as a rumour.

The very next post is from you know who:

*With respect to the contract to provide food there really should be a protocol in place.

All contracts over a nominal £250 should be put out to tender.

It really is that simple."

That's the first mention of a contract and that a protocol should be in place. No one else has mentioned it.
And first mention of his absurd £250 threshold for tendering contracts.

If you read the posts thereafter you will see the tone and direction of the comments.
And who from.

No grilling, no evidence.

Indeed , said poster is so in love with the club that he only joined on August 10th to relay the rumour.
Another anonymous Foxall witch hunt perchance?
Surely not so early in the season

Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Cheers
Read the thread.

For what it's worth I was convinced it was nonsense. Sadly the reply I received from the club does not confirm this. Probably paranoia, I still believe they'll come to their senses.
I'm going to print this and frame it - for those rainy days when you need something to make you roar with laughter......

Alan G Bryant wrote:It is interesting with all that has happened recently
The great escape
Tottenham home
Wembley
Middlesboro away
Leicester home
Play off final
Not one single comment yet someone joins Saturday night to tell us Gavs mate has the food contract via a bloke in hogwarts

What a load of bollocks!
It was I who posted what I was told in Hogarth’s. I’ve lurked for a while and decided to post because of what I was told. It’s a discussion board so I posted it, I didn’t think there was anything wrong in doing so.

Sorry that my debut post wasn’t something that you approve of.

For what it’s worth I’m more worried about the OBrien mistake than the contract for food supply!

The great escape
Tottenham home
Wembley
Middlesboro away
Leicester home
Play off final
Not one single comment yet someone joins Saturday night to tell us Gavs mate has the food contract via a bloke in hogwarts

What a load of bollocks!
Bryant sorry but I cannot be bothered to be polite and call you AGB.
I am 70 but in the memoirs post a chap with just 5 posts Oldster brought up Alf Sherwood and Ken Hollyman then Ray Wilcox.
Clearly at best he is in his 70;s.
With only 5 posts ever in your words is he talking "bollacks" too.
How many posts before people stop talking "bollacks" like you eh?

Its Hogarths by the way or was that an attempt at humour also.

county1959 wrote:
The great escape
Tottenham home
Wembley
Middlesboro away
Leicester home
Play off final

What a load of bollocks!
It was I who posted what I was told in Hogarth’s. I’ve lurked for a while and decided to post because of what I was told. It’s a discussion board so I posted it, I didn’t think there was anything wrong in doing so.

For what it’s worth I’m more worried about the OBrien mistake than the contract for food supply!
Hmm

all on the same night you ask who is the de facto CEO, then you say you've heard GF is acting CEO

You ask who is providing the food, then post later about a rumour that GF's mate has been given the job?

All in the space of the first couple of hours of signing up?

whoareya wrote:
county1959 wrote:
The great escape
Tottenham home
Wembley
Middlesboro away
Leicester home
Play off final

What a load of bollocks!

Hmm

all on the same night you ask who is the de facto CEO, then you say you've heard GF is acting CEO

You ask who is providing the food, then post later about a rumour that GF's mate has been given the job?

All in the space of the first couple of hours of signing up?
Yes all that came from the same convo in Hogarths.

Is there a poster initiation process I should have gone through?!

county1959 wrote:
The great escape
Tottenham home
Wembley
Middlesboro away
Leicester home
Play off final

What a load of bollocks!

Apologies, I underestimated your genuine concern, it is just when people join a forum to relay a rumour it is usually true and bourne out of jealousy or ulterior motive. The person making the food most probably does know Gavin and I would assume Flynn. I cannot imagine Flynn not sanctioning it and to be honest I hope the club are using local businesses they know and trust without the laborious process of tendering out for a minuscule contract, it is how most businesses work.

The pertinent question is does said person making sandwiches, rice and pasta for the players less than a dozen games a season bother me?
Absolutely not

Welcome to the forum though.
Last edited by Alan G Bryant on August 12th, 2019, 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alan G Bryant wrote:
county1959 wrote:
The great escape
Tottenham home
Wembley
Middlesboro away
Leicester home
Play off final

What a load of bollocks!

Apologies, I underestimated your genuine concern, it is just when people join a forum to relay a rumour it is usually true and bourne out of jealousy or ulterior motive. The person making the food most probably does know Gavin and I would assume Flynn. I cannot imagine Flynn not sanctioning it and to be honest I hope the club are using local businesses they know and trust without the laborious process of tendering out for a minuscule contract, it is how most businesses work.

The pertinent question is does said person making sandwiches, rice and pasta for the players less than a dozen games a season bother me?
Absolutely not

Welcome to the forum though.
Fair comment Alan.