Re: Admin error meant OB missed today's game

Dogger wrote:I don’t suppose we can stop all the bickering on this (& most other) post(s) tend to resort to. As I see it, whoever at the club was responsible for filing OB’s suspension paperwork made a huge error. Imagine if that was last season after Fraser had to retire, we’d have been right up s*** street. That being said, OB got sent off in an extremely high profile game, so surely it’s down to the FA or EFL to tell us when he is suspended. The food issue is down to an outside agency, the club pay someone to supply xyz, they don’t supply. Not the club’s fault. The kit issue is strange. We only need a 3rd kit a maximum of 3 times this season. We knew that Cambridge away was our 1st away match & needed that kit. We obviously had a kit ready, just not the official one (Everton had the same problem at Crystal Palace yesterday). Apparently most clubs don’t launch their 3rd kits till September. On the Ryan Haynes captain issue, it seems strange. As far as I can see, as long as the team sheet is handed in, in time who cares who’s captain. Wrexham were 30 minutes late at Dover yesterday, but I haven’t heard about them being fined,
Dogger - fair points. But let's not forget this is the second time that the club has made administrative errors - Hayes was another. It is up to the club to sort the paperwork - we are not spoon fed by the FA or EFL. I can't get my head around the kit issue - we are currently selling the 2nd kit to punters but we haven't got it ready for the players???? Not sure about the FF kit but again, if I recollect, we had the same problem last year from FBT with supplying of kit. Why are we not setting strict deadlines in contracts? Maybe it is the same with food. The Haynes issue is less of an issue to me - teams are delayed in traffic or stop off en route, although if this was down to the fact they had to stop at Reading them administrative failures are now having a direct impact on match day then this needs to item no.1 on the agenda for the next BoD meeting.

Mr Figo wrote:
Dogger wrote:I don’t suppose we can stop all the bickering on this (& most other) post(s) tend to resort to. As I see it, whoever at the club was responsible for filing OB’s suspension paperwork made a huge error. Imagine if that was last season after Fraser had to retire, we’d have been right up s*** street. That being said, OB got sent off in an extremely high profile game, so surely it’s down to the FA or EFL to tell us when he is suspended. The food issue is down to an outside agency, the club pay someone to supply xyz, they don’t supply. Not the club’s fault. The kit issue is strange. We only need a 3rd kit a maximum of 3 times this season. We knew that Cambridge away was our 1st away match & needed that kit. We obviously had a kit ready, just not the official one (Everton had the same problem at Crystal Palace yesterday). Apparently most clubs don’t launch their 3rd kits till September. On the Ryan Haynes captain issue, it seems strange. As far as I can see, as long as the team sheet is handed in, in time who cares who’s captain. Wrexham were 30 minutes late at Dover yesterday, but I haven’t heard about them being fined,
Dogger - fair points. But let's not forget this is the second time that the club has made administrative errors - Hayes was another. It is up to the club to sort the paperwork - we are not spoon fed by the FA or EFL. I can't get my head around the kit issue - we are currently selling the 2nd kit to punters but we haven't got it ready for the players???? Not sure about the FF kit but again, if I recollect, we had the same problem last year from FBT with supplying of kit. Why are we not setting strict deadlines in contracts? Maybe it is the same with food. The Haynes issue is less of an issue to me - teams are delayed in traffic or stop off en route, although if this was down to the fact they had to stop at Reading them administrative failures are now having a direct impact on match day then this needs to item no.1 on the agenda for the next BoD meeting.
The second kit would have still clashed with Cambridge I presume. The bigger question would be why did they have to stop at Reading in the first place, I would have thought they would have stayed near Cambridge.

Alan G Bryant wrote:
The second kit would have still clashed with Cambridge I presume. The bigger question would be why did they have to stop at Reading in the first place, I would have thought they would have stayed near Cambridge.
Cambridge United play in the same colours as Newport County. Now I know the administration of Newport County has been and I choose my words haphazard but even Newport County are surely not so inept as to have a change of colors which clashes with it's first choice.

You can see it at the board meeting can't you. So we're agreed first choice black and amber, change colours amber and black.

Alan G Bryant wrote:
Mr Figo wrote:
I would assume eating once they have got near Cambridge would be too close to kick off
They would need to eat a few hours before so needed to stop on the way

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Alan G Bryant wrote:
Cambridge United play in the same colours as Newport County. Now I know the administration of Newport County has been and I choose my words haphazard but even Newport County are surely not so inept as to have a change of colors which clashes with it's first choice.

You can see it at the board meeting can't you. So we're agreed first choice black and amber, change colours amber and black.
The colour clash is irrelevant - the 2nd kit as I understand it is all black/charcoal -we could team that with amber shorts like we did last yaer.The bigger issue is why is it not ready for the first team and available in the shop? I would understand it the other way around.

Amberexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote:Great perspective Dogger.
Arsehole and a dogger. You really have lost it haven't you?
The username on the post above mine is Dogger, I appreciate his perspective in this matter. How else would you suggest i address that user?
Yes I made a mistake, I apologise.

Help me with this. Imagine you are refereeing a game. A player disagrees with one of your decisions. He calls you an arsehole, so loud that everyone on the pitch hears him call you an arsehole. He then says loud enough for everyone to hear, just to be clear I was referring to you.

What action would you take? 8)
Last edited by Stan A. Einstein on August 12th, 2019, 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Yes I made a mistake, I apologise.

Help me with this. Imagine you are refereeing a game. A player disagrees with one of your decisions. He calls you an arsehole, so loud that everyone on the pitch hears him call you an arsehole. He then says loud enough for everyone to hear, just to be clear I was referring to you.

What action would you take? 8)

Probably the same as if he had called himself an arsehole. I suggest you go read your other thread. 8)