Re: Admin error meant OB missed today's game

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Amberexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote: Tell me Paul what's your idea of a medium sized contract. A ground to air missiles system with both conventional and nuclear capability?
Brendan, to me a medium sized contract is between $50 million and $100 million, a large contract is $100 million to $500 million and a megadeal above $500 million. $10 million to $50 million is a small deal, I didn't get out of bed for anything under $10 million. Large deals being my sweetspot.
Come on Amber
We are talking on a County forum.
Please stop showing off
Not showing off Frank just giving an honest answer to Stan's question. That's what I was employed to do, it was just a job and much easier than doing smaller contracts.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Alan G Bryant wrote:
county1959 wrote:AmberExile - It’s conceivable that we pay £50k a year on catering. That’s 5% of our playing budget.

If you think that’s small then your missing a huge dose of perspective.
I doubt it was that much yesterday , I would estimate that a light lunch for 20 adults would be at most £15 a head , that’s £300
Only 20 on the coach Gav?
:lol: :lol: :lol: I hope we only paid for the management and playing staff’s lunch eh? :lol: :lol: :lol: I’m sure everyone else paid for their own.

Amberexile wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Amberexile wrote:
Brendan, to me a medium sized contract is between $50 million and $100 million, a large contract is $100 million to $500 million and a megadeal above $500 million. $10 million to $50 million is a small deal, I didn't get out of bed for anything under $10 million. Large deals being my sweetspot.
Come on Amber
We are talking on a County forum.
Please stop showing off
Not showing off Frank just giving an honest answer to Stan's question. That's what I was employed to do, it was just a job and much easier than doing smaller contracts.
Paul.
I'm sure we're all delighted for you. Just two questions and no right or wrong answer just a simple yes or no. Although please feel free to qualify.

The catering contract for a professional football team like Newport County will run into many £1,000's.

Do you think such a contract should be put out to tender?

Do you think the trustees of a fans owned club should know the name of the supplier of catering services?

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:New branch of the supporters club was formed today.
Its by invitation only so sorry if you miss out.
Its called Cloud 9 "I;m doing fine"
Only 5 members so far.
Chairman Bryant
4 current board members
Daftas
MCFC
Four Thousand
Whoareya

Sure we will get a few more applying.

Back to my nice cup of tea.

Just a bit of fun lads. :wink:
Who sent out then invites - I didn't receive mine. How do you know about it if not a member, is the list of members published online for others to see? How was the Chair elected? Where are the rules of participation, elections and a cut down MOU?

IMy mantra is going to be Meltdown, Moan, Be Negative and Accuse whilst do absolutely nothing to help out.

Can you and Einstein help out because you must have been through all this with your little minded club.

Just a bit of fun.

Fourthousand wrote:
Only 5 members so far.
Chairman Bryant
4 current board members
Daftas
MCFC
Four Thousand
Whoareya

Who sent out then invites - I didn't receive mine. How do you know about it if not a member, is the list of members published online for others to see? How was the Chair elected? Where are the rules of participation, elections and a cut down MOU?

My mantra is going to be Meltdown, Moan, Be Negative and Accuse whilst do absolutely nothing to help out.

Can you and Einstein help out because you must have been through all this with your little minded club.

Just a bit of fun.

Fourthousand wrote:
Only 5 members so far.
Chairman Bryant
4 current board members
Daftas
MCFC
Four Thousand
Whoareya

IMy mantra is going to be Meltdown, Moan, Be Negative and Accuse whilst do absolutely nothing to help out.

Just a bit of fun.
Sorry Fourthousand.
Sorry again but we ordered your invites and membership cards from the same supplier as the club on a high recommendation

We are hoping to get them out sometime in the Spring.
Apologies for that failing.

Its a very tight knit community, membership only allowed if you hate anybodies views apart from your good selves.
It also helps if you add a few insults with a hint of sarcasm added.
The Chairman was a stone waller.
No elections allowed as that would not be the thing to do would it.
Members are listed on the forum.
Excessbee is a possible addition.
You have an anthem as well
The Temps Cloud 9 "I'm doing fine"
All good fun.

ps Brendan had no input its just a solo thing on my part.
If you want to resign from membership its very simple .
You just accept opinions and views from other contributors.
Seriously tv is bloody awful tonight.

Here's the thing.

A club the size of Newport County will have to outsource certain things. Catering, the coach for away trips, the ticketing?

Okay so far. Now the question is should that outsourcing be done via open tender or should it be done by appointment?

Well it's your money. The directors of Newport County hold and spend that money on trust. For you.

Now my stepdaughter is a very talented chef. She is also qualifying to become a solicitor. To finance her studies she runs a small catering company. Now if I were chairman of Newport County and there was even a suspicion that I handed a catering contract to my stepdaughter I would be mortified. I simply wouldn't do it and I would ensure that a tendering process was in operation that would mean that it couldn't happen.

Now we know from a poster that there is speculation that Gavin Foxhall has given a contract to his friends. This is a slur on the integrity of Mr Foxhall. Whilst I don't have a high regard for his abilities as a chairman I refute any suggestion that there is any evidence that this speculation is true or that Gavin has behaved in any way other than with the highest propriety.

However Caesar's wife needs not only to be above suspicion but be seen to be above suspicion. As a shareholder of the club and trust I have invited Mr Foxhall and indeed the entire board of Newport County to put this story to bed.

I believe that they will.

I don’t suppose we can stop all the bickering on this (& most other) post(s) tend to resort to. As I see it, whoever at the club was responsible for filing OB’s suspension paperwork made a huge error. Imagine if that was last season after Fraser had to retire, we’d have been right up s*** street. That being said, OB got sent off in an extremely high profile game, so surely it’s down to the FA or EFL to tell us when he is suspended. The food issue is down to an outside agency, the club pay someone to supply xyz, they don’t supply. Not the club’s fault. The kit issue is strange. We only need a 3rd kit a maximum of 3 times this season. We knew that Cambridge away was our 1st away match & needed that kit. We obviously had a kit ready, just not the official one (Everton had the same problem at Crystal Palace yesterday). Apparently most clubs don’t launch their 3rd kits till September. On the Ryan Haynes captain issue, it seems strange. As far as I can see, as long as the team sheet is handed in, in time who cares who’s captain. Wrexham were 30 minutes late at Dover yesterday, but I haven’t heard about them being fined,