Re: Admin error meant OB missed today's game

George Street-Bridge wrote:Ah. So the management had concerns about a player getting niggling injuries, but you dramatised that into a comparison with Crofts. And you see yourself as a serious commentator.

Do you not think him originally being "out of the Mansfield game" might have been a bit of disinformation of the sort clubs apply every week? Given their main attacking threat would be the right wingback?
Commentator what like David Coleman :lol: :lol:
Its an unofficial forum sunshine and I don't make things up.
I keep a lot to myself like the **** up at Wembley but that's History now so it can be said.
Other facts I certainly would never divulge, certainly until they are not in the equation anymore.

About 12 years ago (John Brough was captain) we played at Basingstoke in amber shorts and socks with black and red striped shirts which can only have been their away kit. They used to have varying amounts of yellow on yellow/blue shirts and I suppose the ref ruled a clash.

I didn't go to the game, only saw a photo, but I do remember the emergency debate in the Welsh Assembly and it topped the news on BBC South Today.

George Street-Bridge wrote:Frank, this puts you in the odd position of sitting on loads of interesting information which no one would believe if you posted it regardless of whether it was true or not.

It was Tony Kay, by the way.
Thanks for Tony Kay.

All joking apart I couldn't care a monkey if you believed me or not.
Like I said maybe 1% not a lot at all.
Anyway its all gone a bit silly hasn't it.
We all want the best for our club.
Sure every club forum is similar some far worse.
Only thing I hate is idiots trying to call out long standing fans as not genuine like that clown Ironsider (total disgrace)
Insults and windups not a problem.
Cheers

George Street-Bridge wrote:Comprehension isn't your thing, is it?

There's a world of difference between making a guess and being upfront that that's all it is and nonsense like suggestions "the management" feared they had another Crofts on their hands, attributed to other sources.

I do think it's a shame the O'Brien thing was aired in public. But as for "the saddest thing about this post [on the issue] is that fans from other clubs have noticed". Really? Who gives a flying one about what fans of other clubs think?
Comprehension eh? Well I can comprehend this - you have absolutely no idea about proportionality for a start. A world of difference, hmm.

I do care about what fans of other clubs think of us particularly when we are seen in a bad light. I would rather they didn't have to think like that. I guess that is the difference between me and you thank goodness.

As I am not a hypocrite I will admit to feeling (slightly) ashamed about laughing at your previous comments and how silly they make you look. I shouldn't do it I suppose. I guess that makes me a lesser person than I thought, but it's not as bad as being a hypocrite I suppose.

George Street-Bridge wrote:Can you genuinely not see the difference between trying to work out what might have happened based on sensible guesses about a particular situation, and spreading rumours which make no sense?
Selective eh? I think you will find that my response to you was far wider than that.

In my post earlier I quoted my two weekend posts referring to the ‘unfortunate series of events’. You said that people were ‘wringing their hands in embarrassment’. Do you still think this was a proportionate response given that I told you what I wrote? If you do, you need to go to a dictionary to look the word up.

In your earlier eagerness to have a ‘pop’ you have made yourself look rather silly.

I’ll never know for certain I suppose but perhaps you are now wringing your own hands with embarrassment.

I see also that you have changed your ‘very wild guess’ into a ‘sensible guess’. You seem to have a problem with consistency as well as proportionality.

pembsexile wrote:
George Street-Bridge wrote:You can't do Stan, Pembs, you really should give up trying. It's like a second rate tribute act.
Silly boy. You are making yourself look even more foolish. Stan doesn’t need a tribute act, he can do that all by himself. Go on, dig that hole, it’s getting bigger by the minute. You don’t like criticism and being proved wrong do you?
Pot Kettle

Fourthousand wrote:
pembsexile wrote:
George Street-Bridge wrote:You can't do Stan, Pembs, you really should give up trying. It's like a second rate tribute act.
Silly boy. You are making yourself look even more foolish. Stan doesn’t need a tribute act, he can do that all by himself. Go on, dig that hole, it’s getting bigger by the minute. You don’t like criticism and being proved wrong do you?
Pot Kettle
Is that addressed to Stan or Pembs Exile?

George Street-Bridge wrote:About 12 years ago (John Brough was captain) we played at Basingstoke in amber shorts and socks with black and red striped shirts which can only have been their away kit. They used to have varying amounts of yellow on yellow/blue shirts and I suppose the ref ruled a clash.

I didn't go to the game, only saw a photo, but I do remember the emergency debate in the Welsh Assembly and it topped the news on BBC South Today.
I remember in the first season as the exiles Newport AFC getting through to the Hellenic League Cup final. The game ended as a draw and a replay took place at Hounslow, Newport phoned their opponents (Abingdon) on the morning of the replay and apparently an agreement was made that Newport would play in their "home" kit and Abingdon their "away". So Newport travelled with only their home kit and on arrival at Hounslow, Abingdon disputed the prior agreement and insisted on a coin toss for whom could wear their home kit. Newport lost and not having an "away" kit had to play in Abingdons away kit. They won 1-0. Justice was served.

Newport AFC was amateur at the time. As a professional football club they should be able to negotiate a kit deal that ensures that all three kits produced are available for use from the first day of the season, even if they wish to formally launch a "third" kit at a later date. To not negotiate such a deal does make them a bit amateurish...