Re: And the new kit is.........

Percy plunkett wrote:
Amberexile wrote:Just about every shade of amber to keep everyone happy :cheers:
I did that in 93,do you remember the Tom Witton kit?.The shorts matched perfectly because I asked the supplier to make them from the same material and batch as the shirts.
Yeah, that wasn't amber either. Mostly tangerine and orange with a few amber bits almost incidentally.

FWIW the bits between the triangles on the shirt are the exact same colour as the shorts, which are amber. The triangles on the main body of the shirt are a slightly darker amber (and go relatively orangey with sweat, no longer matching the shorts). I'm still more bothered about the black panel on the shorts not having the sleeve pattern on it than that the shorts aren't actually black.

As for "Neal has changed the kit colours", firstly I'm fairly sure if he'd been involved in the shorts decision we'd have had the pattern I mentioned and secondly we've worn shorts in the same colour as the shirts plenty of times before, and whilst I prefer black I can't say it bothers me much, even as a kit geek.

Amberexile wrote:My guess on the shorts is that a bespoke design would make replicas too expensive in the quantity we sell.
Quite possibly, but that shorts design isn't on the FBT teamwear site (unlike yesterday's home shirt) and therefore it's already bespoke - and it's not like they don't already have the material printed, they're using it for the sleeves.

I did note Crewe and Doncaster had a similar style shorts at home last season, but I doubt FBT are making amber/black shorts for the general public if not for County. Just a missed design opportunity I think.

SJG99 wrote:
Amberexile wrote:My guess on the shorts is that a bespoke design would make replicas too expensive in the quantity we sell.
Quite possibly, but that shorts design isn't on the FBT teamwear site (unlike yesterday's home shirt) and therefore it's already bespoke - and it's not like they don't already have the material printed, they're using it for the sleeves.

I did note Crewe and Doncaster had a similar style shorts at home last season, but I doubt FBT are making amber/black shorts for the general public if not for County. Just a missed design opportunity I think.
See what you mean now. If things don't change by the time the third kit is delivered, questions need to be asked as it seems we could have better kit for zero cost.

A point I don't think has been made yet – the Fraser Franks kit was obviously going to be a more complicated product than something from the regular catalogue. People seem to agree it was a good idea. But there was always a potential issue that when the fixtures came out one of the two or three clashes that would see it needed might be listed for a date before the kit was ready.

Sod's law, but still worth taking a punt on IMHO.