Re: And the new kit is.........

Percy plunkett wrote:Today is my 50th anniversary,County v York.We played in tangerine shirts and socks with white shorts on that day.The following season,they switched to black shorts and stayed that way until August 79,except for the Bluenote season.I went through eleven seasons before I saw us in Amber,I have to say it didn't bother me too much that we weren't in Amber.I must say the 76 kit did make it feel odd and those shorts against Brentford in 72 did make me laugh.I just wonder how Harps felt during those years,did he love the club less because of the kit,did he write to Cyril Rogers or Richard Ford to complain or did he just accept it.
We have been here before Percy.
I was watching the lads years before you sunshine.
Now one of my pride and joys is my autograph collection which features every player from the days of McSeveny, McPherson, John Bird, Rowlands, Len Weare, Granny Smith, Ratbone past the days of Hunt/ Bonson and Webster up until Tony Buck times when I got a bit to old for it.

Every photo I have of County players (hundreds) are all featured in black and amber some with hoops some not.
I have a rattle that Keith Saunders got signed by all the players.
Its painted black and amber.
I appreciate you was the kit man but you are talking bollacks if you think this club is not black and amber through and through
look at all the old programmes as well.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:Today is my 50th anniversary,County v York.We played in tangerine shirts and socks with white shorts on that day.The following season,they switched to black shorts and stayed that way until August 79,except for the Bluenote season.I went through eleven seasons before I saw us in Amber,I have to say it didn't bother me too much that we weren't in Amber.I must say the 76 kit did make it feel odd and those shorts against Brentford in 72 did make me laugh.I just wonder how Harps felt during those years,did he love the club less because of the kit,did he write to Cyril Rogers or Richard Ford to complain or did he just accept it.
Now one of my pride and joys is my autograph collection which features every player from the days of John Bird, Rowlands, Len Weare, Granny Smith, Ratbone past the days of Hunt/ Bonson and Webster up until Tony Buck times when I got a bit to old for it.

Every photo I have of County players (hundreds) are all featured in black and amber some with hoops some not.
I appreciate you was the kit man but you are talking bollacks if you think this club is not black and amber through and through
You must have had a meltdown in 1976....?

lowandhard wrote:I suggest that anyone happening to read this page, looks back at the last few pages. Frank Nouble 3 has emailed the club querying the choice of short colour, a concern of a number of people on this thread including myself. Since then he has been attacked for his views, referred to as another contributor called Harps and subjected to various other nonsenses including questions about a player’s defaecation in the showers. I’m sure like me , he is big enough and ugly enough to fight his corner but in my view if this happened in a classroom it would be called bullying.

It’s a shame that many posters lately just attack people for their views whenever anything is said against the club instead of addressing the point and making a cogent argument. Frank Nouble 3 hates the yellow shorts as do many others it seems, instead of attacking him for his views why not ask the fans pre-season to have a choice on such matters? It may just help to sell the kit. That just seems so obvious a matter for consultation as to make me incredulous as to why we don’t do it, after all our colours are “ black and amber “ not “ yellow and yellow with a little bit of black on the sleeves “.

The other item to be addressed is , why have the club suddenly become so thin-skinned that whenever somebody questions their judgement on any matter , that somebody is swamped by various sycophants attacking him instead of his argument? All very strange , especially when it’s easily predictable who those posters will be. In this successful period in the club’s history they should feel more secure and I see absolutely no need for this behaviour. Attack the argument by all means but not the poster.
I agree with this post in it's entirety.

And I speak as someone who doesn't care overmuch what colour shorts we play in. I don't care that some player who played three games for us in 2012 scored a hat-trick for Steeple Bumstead Rovers against Six Mile Bottom United. In fact there are many things I don't care about.

But I'll tell you what I do care about. That being that our supporters matter. And when supporters raise points of concern to them if it doesn't fit in with club orthodoxy you can be sure that the usual crowd of six or seven will come on here and try to swamp argument. It's orchestrated and anybody with a brain knows it is.

Worse, it is truly pathetic.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Now one of my pride and joys is my autograph collection which features every player from the days of McSeveny, McPherson, John Bird, Rowlands, Len Weare, Granny Smith, Ratbone past the days of Hunt/ Bonson and Webster up until Tony Buck times when I got a bit to old for it.

I also have an old rattle but with players names painted on it.It is tangerine and white and every bit County just like yours.How did you manage between 68-79 was my question to you.

whoareya wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Now one of my pride and joys is my autograph collection which features every player from the days of John Bird, Rowlands, Len Weare, Granny Smith, Ratbone past the days of Hunt/ Bonson and Webster up until Tony Buck times when I got a bit to old for it.

You must have had a meltdown in 1976....?
Lets have a try at grown up dialogue.
Playing in City colours was a disgrace for sure.
Scoular was useless, but he brought one cracking player along the late great Brian Clark
We were saved by in my opinion by an even better manager than Len.
The great Colin Addison legend

Here endeth this afternoons sermon

In those days it was not trust owned (sure you realise that) but owned by semi well off business men.
Not millionaires but still better off than me or you.
Now for Percy to suggest anybody would or could write a letter to complain is totally ridiculous and he knows that but he wants to have a go again.
For the period from the early fifties we survived on selling a player each season for around £7k maybe even £10k that went on until the glory year with Aldo, Tommy, Oaksey etc
Last edited by Frank Nouble 3 on August 9th, 2019, 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote: Lets have a try at grown up dialogue.
Scoular was useless, but he brought one cracking player along the late great Brian Clark

In those days it was not trust owned (sure you realise that) but owned by semi well off business men.
Now for Percy to suggest anybody would or could write a letter to complain is totally ridiculous and he knows that but he wants to have a go again.
For the period from the early fifties we survived on selling a player each season for around 37k maybe even 310k that went on until the glory year with Aldo, Tommy, Oaksey etc
Thanks for the history recap Harps.

excessbee wrote:Frank 'outed' himself as being Harps just a few days ago. When he reminded us of information leading him to believe that Devante Rodney may be signing for us (a couple of seasons ago).
"Outed himself"
Has a crime been committed?
Seriously you need to get a life pal.
Water off a ducks back.

So then Harps you are saying that you just accepted it,68-79,and I trust you agree with me in the fact that both County and AFC clubs have had many seasons either without Amber and also without black shorts.It is your preferred colours but it is not set in stone.Indeed our last County season in the League 87/88,we were in Orange and not Amber.

Ironsider wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote: Lets have a try at grown up dialogue.

For the period from the early fifties we survived on selling a player each season for around 37k maybe even 310k that went on until the glory year with Aldo, Tommy, Oaksey etc
Thanks for the history recap Harps.
My pleasure
Love to talk about the club I have loved all my life and my dad before.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
excessbee wrote:Frank 'outed' himself as being Harps just a few days ago. When he reminded us of information leading him to believe that Devante Rodney may be signing for us (a couple of seasons ago).
"Outed himself"
Water off a ducks back.
I reckon the bloke with more aliases than Frank Abagnale Jr that hasn't cottoned on to the fact that his distinct robotic line by line style of posting is what keeps giving himself away, no matter how many cover stories he spins, is probably the one who needs to get a life.

Just a thought.

One either agrees or disagrees with what posters say, in that sense their id is of no importance. And check my posts, you will find I often disagree with NGR, Pembs, Frank, Highandwide and so on. I also agree with people who's world view, to put it diplomatically, I don't share.

I once hid my identity simply because I used to prosecute and it was not impossible that a Newport 'fan' might be up in front of the beak. Then one day someone posted that they thought my criticism of Chris Blight was unfair. Not because of what I said but because it was unfair that I knew who he was whilst he didn't know who I was. I thought that a valid point.

Now when it comes to others being critical I think the same applies. I make no criticism of you, or GSB, or Amberexile and others I have had, shall we say, robust discussions with. But I have to say people like AlanJBriant, Whoareya, etc who forever snipe but who hide away behind a cloak of anonymity are cowards.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
"Outed himself"
Water off a ducks back.
If you have been reading the messages, Lowandhard took umbrage that someone had referred to yourself (Frank) as Harps. I was merely pointing out that you yourself confirmed that a short while ago.