2 from 3?

Newport County natter & football chatter.
User

Amberexile

Sheffield

2 from 3?

Postby Amberexile » March 16th, 2019, 6:42 pm

With Yeovil losing at home to Macclesfield and Notts County drawing with Morecambe is it now a case of whoever can get out of the 3 team tussle?
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Re: 2 from 3?

Postby Stan A. Einstein » March 16th, 2019, 7:18 pm

Amberexile wrote:With Yeovil losing at home to Macclesfield and Notts County drawing with Morecambe is it now a case of whoever can get out of the 3 team tussle?

I agree. My bet is Notts County.
no avatar
User

Alan G Bryant

Postby Alan G Bryant » March 16th, 2019, 7:22 pm

Amberexile wrote:With Yeovil losing at home to Macclesfield and Notts County drawing with Morecambe is it now a case of whoever can get out of the 3 team tussle?

Cambridge on 41 have a tough run in and if two behind string some results together they could be sucked in
no avatar
User

Percy plunkett

Postby Percy plunkett » March 17th, 2019, 12:13 am

Amber could well be right but,anyone from Crawley down will still be looking over their shoulders.
no avatar
User

Midlandsexile

Postby Midlandsexile » March 17th, 2019, 12:36 am

I can’t see any other team other than Yeovil getting pulled into the relegation battle. They are in a poor run of form having lost the last 3 games and have MK dons (a) followed by us.

Personally of the three teams I think Yeovil and Notts County will be relegated. Would have hoped for Morecambe but they always seem to do enough each season.
User

newgroundrodney

Postby newgroundrodney » March 17th, 2019, 1:53 am

Currently in terms of points per game, I have the bottom of the table projected to finish like this:

17..Cheltenham....54
18..Crawley T........52
19..Cambridge......51
20..Morecambe....51
21..Port Vale.........50
22..Yeovil Town....44
23..MACCLESF.....41
24..NOTTS CO......40

I can't see anyone bar the bottom 3 involved...Though, a couple of games time and silly season will start as teams start resting players etc...all kinds of results can get thrown up. But I will be surprised if anyone else is dragged into the picture.
Currently I have County at 10th on 65 pts....6 pts short of the play offs.
User

lowandhard

Peoples Republic of Malpas

Postby lowandhard » March 17th, 2019, 12:13 pm

I think the other County might mimic (to some lesser extent) our unlikely escape. Interestingly we have a part to play as we play both Yeovil and Macclesfield before the end. Interesting times at the bottom - but fortunately this year , not for us :grin:
Incidentally, if we’re talking wish fulfilment, I wouldn’t mind if Creepy were facing the drop as that might give their overseas investors pause for thought.
no avatar
User

Countymadbell

Postby Countymadbell » March 17th, 2019, 11:00 pm

Would like notts to get relegated, simply because they mocked us last game of season. What comes around and all that.