Re: Regan Poole

Special branch wrote:Neil Cork's observations are spot on.

Thank you....someone who has read what I wrote.....I am not saying he is a bad player at all , quite the opposite for us. What I have wrote , IMO he is a long way off the 'ELITE LEVEL' required to play for a top side like Manchester United and he was a long way behind players playing at the same level ( ELITE ) as yesterday proved even after 3 years at Manchester United Academy receiving top level coaching as he has had.
He will make a GOOD career out of football at a good level( Championship / League ONE ) but not at the ELITE LEVEL he is currently at

That’s just like saying every kid that has gone to the united academy should have made it within 3yrs. That’s daft. He’s still young though and has a lot to learn.
Has he improved? Certainly. Can he play at a higher level than League 2? No doubt. Is he an elite footballer ? Nope, not yet.

Jamie Vardy was playing for some non-league side at 20. Rickie Lambert was in League 2. Ian Wright was just out of prison. World Cup record goalscorer Miroslav Klose was playing for the reserve side of some fourth tier German club.

Can't write anyone off at 20. The kid is very talented. I'd be surprised if he doesn't become an international. Will he get in the United team? Probably not, but not many do.

neilcork68 wrote:Has been a very good player for us since signing..That I am not arguing about...

He has been at Man Utd for 2/3 years now so at his age he should be looking at being on the fringes of the first team , agree ? ....Yesterday proved IMO he was miles behind the standard he will need to be at to compete in the Premier League and needs to play a whole season at our level or League 1 at the very least to see if he improves.
IMO League 1 is about his level at present, maybe the bottom end of the Championship.....

I also believe the same can be said about Ben White...Looked great with us but needs time to prove he can make the grade. I have seen him play at Peterborough and he has struggled to make the grade as yet
I think Regan looked poorer v Man City because he received little support from the player in front of him - Willmott. But he was possibly partly to blame for the first goal.

It is perhaps unfair though to judge him against players who are experienced at playing at the highest level of the game. Most of Regan's experience is playing age grade football. League 2 is a step up from that. Playing at Premiership level is a massive step up...

It is perhaps unfair though to judge him against players who are experienced at playing at the highest level of the game. Most of Regan's experience is playing age grade football. League 2 is a step up from that. Playing at Premiership level is a massive step up...[/quote]

He did play 22 games in League 1 for Northampton last season, at centre back and in midfield, although they did get relegated at the end of the season.

Beechwood Boy wrote:It is perhaps unfair though to judge him against players who are experienced at playing at the highest level of the game. Most of Regan's experience is playing age grade football. League 2 is a step up from that. Playing at Premiership level is a massive step up...
He did play 22 games in League 1 for Northampton last season, at centre back and in midfield, although they did get relegated at the end of the season.[/quote]

20 games for County in two periods, 22 for Northampton last season. How many times for Manchester United age grade football in 3 seasons. More than or less than 42 games? Hence why I said most of Regan's experience is playing age grade football.