Re: From 1989 to here

Having now had five minutes to think about this, probably the three most relevant examples to us are

Bristol Rovers who moved into the Memorial Stadium as tenants of Bristol Rugby, then agreed a joint ownership withe the Rigby and then when the rugby fell on hard times after relegation bought their share to own the stadium outright.

AFC Wimbledon who started off as tenants to Kingstonian and now own the ground and are looking to sell to Chelsea

Stockport County on the other hands owned their ground and sold it to Sales Sharks, rented it back from Sale while they ground shared and needed the Council to bale them out when Sale moved out to their new stadium.

All of which I think underlines that ownership or otherwise of your ground is not linked to the success or otherwise of the club.

rncfc wrote:If I choose to rent a house for my entire life rather than investing into bricks and mortar, does this mean I won't be able to create a decent career for myself?
No. All it means is that after five years you will be paying more per month in rent than you would be paying for a mortgage and the property will never be yours.

Anyone who chooses not to buy is foolish. Although I have every sympathy for those priced out.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
rncfc wrote:If I choose to rent a house for my entire life rather than investing into bricks and mortar, does this mean I won't be able to create a decent career for myself?
No. All it means is that after five years you will be paying more per month in rent than you would be paying for a mortgage and the property will never be yours.

Anyone who chooses not to buy is foolish. Although I have every sympathy for those priced out.
Aside from when that relates to Newport County?

rncfc wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Aside from when that relates to Newport County?
With County it's a combination of the two.

Look at the last two lower league clubs to have huge Cup windfalls.

Cambridge spent on players, Lincoln chose infrastructure. Look at the league table.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
With County it's a combination of the two.

Look at the last two lower league clubs to have huge Cup windfalls.

Cambridge spent on players, Lincoln chose infrastructure. Look at the league table.
Can you substantiate that? In what areas did Lincoln invest that Cambridge didn't? How much in what elements of their infrastructure and how do you believe that has made them a better club?

neilcork68 wrote:Whilst i agree with you Stan about spending on the infrastructure it helps when you are have 6000 season ticket holder like Lincoln have

That will be the plastics they embraced after their cup run and promotion. They also had to queue around the stadium for tickets against Ipswich Town.

Alan G Bryant wrote:
neilcork68 wrote:Whilst i agree with you Stan about spending on the infrastructure it helps when you are have 6000 season ticket holder like Lincoln have

That will be the plastics they embraced after their cup run and promotion. They also had to queue around the stadium for tickets against Ipswich Town.

Their Plastics stuck with the club and invested their cash buying season tickets and going week after week to Football League games ,( why would you want to go and watch that re BUSH's post this week ?), ours wont...

Even if we pull off the unthinkable on Saturday how many of the 5200 new fans that we have suddenly found will be at the Carlisle game ( unless the BOD make it a priority game that is ) ?

neilcork68 wrote:
Alan G Bryant wrote:

Their Plastics stuck with the club and invested their cash buying season tickets and going week after week to Football League games ,( why would you want to go and watch that re BUSH's post this week ?), ours wont...

Even if we pull off the unthinkable on Saturday how many of the 5200 new fans that we have suddenly found will be at the Carlisle game ( unless the BOD make it a priority game that is ) ?
People used to joke that they bet Mark O'Brien's goal pissed off a few supporters , I did not believe it at the time , but reading your tripe I understand what they were saying now.This must be awful for you to witness our club making money and embracing new supporters,