Re: GRANDSTAND: EXILES v MANCHESTER CITY FA CUP 5TH ROUND

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:Well fair play to Pep, for not complaining about the pitch, despite the press encouraging him to do so. Expecting him to field a strong side tomorrow, unfortunately.
He’s no idiot, he’ll rest a couple I expect but it’ll be a strong bench in case we nick one. I liked the fact he made nothing of the pitch unlike the L2 manager muppets we’ve heard from lately. Have to lull them and snatch the winner at 90+7 :lol:

lowandhard wrote:
OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:Well fair play to Pep, for not complaining about the pitch, despite the press encouraging him to do so. Expecting him to field a strong side tomorrow, unfortunately.
He’s no idiot, he’ll rest a couple I expect but it’ll be a strong bench in case we nick one. I liked the fact he made nothing of the pitch unlike the L2 manager muppets we’ve heard from lately. Have to lull them and snatch the winner at 90+7 :lol:
Never think a strong bench is the way to go for the stronger team. If they start with a weakened eleven and we nick a goal then the weaker team is quite capable of parking the bus or even conceding then going to pens.
Surely the safer way is to start with your strongest side, score a couple then the better team defends their lead.
There again, what do I know.

Well hear it is. The day I never thought I would see has finally arrived. Newport County playing a home FA Cup 5th round match. My one slight regret it isn't being played in front of twice the number squeezed into Somerton Park, but I know times have changed and clocks cannot be turned back. I regard myself as such a lucky man to have witnessed our recent successes since returning to the Football League. I had the misfortune to miss our 'glory years' of the late 70's/early 80's, and the promotion to division 3 and European adventures due to living away at those times. Since returning to Gwent I had the further misfortune of having to work on our first 2 visits to Wembley, but have been rewarded with a visit there to see us play against Spurs.

No matter what the result today I will feel very proud of our club, and my Town/City today. I hope to see the team full of energy from the first whistle, and press and be right in the faces of the opposition. I don't profess to have seen a huge amount of Man City games but from what I have seen of them, and if there predicted team is correct, I feel we should be looking to put the likes of Mahrez and Sane in particular on their arses as early as possible, as I have witnessed those players being put out of their stride, in the past. Even if we are given a footballing lesson today, as sadly I suspect we might, lets give the team a rousing send off from this years glorious FA Cup adventure.

UTC

The reality is that Manchester City will win with ease. There is, if not a probability, certainly a possibility that we will get slaughtered. There is a slight possibility but not a probability that we will run them close but they will beat us.

Our chances of winning are in my view that of a man whose parachute fails to open surviving. It is so unlikely as to be impossible to calculate. And anyone who thinks otherwise is deluded.

But there is always a chance and at 5-30 I will be as deluded as everyone else.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:The reality is that Manchester City will win with ease. There is, if not a probability, certainly a possibility that we will get slaughtered. There is a slight possibility but not a probability that we will run them close but they will beat us.

Our chances of winning are in my view that of a man whose parachute fails to open surviving. It is so unlikely as to be impossible to calculate. And anyone who thinks otherwise is deluded.

But there is always a chance and at 5-30 I will be as deluded as everyone else.
I think our chances of winning are less than a man whose paracute fails to open surviving. It's more like the chances of a man rising from the dead.