Re: GRANDSTAND: EXILES v MANCHESTER CITY FA CUP 5TH ROUND

Blackandamber wrote:Will anyone be on the message board during the match tomorrow? I expect it will be very deserted with everyone at the game or watching BT Sport. No need to get too many biscuits in then :lol: .
It’ll be a good opportunity to have a spring clean, Polish the seats and get the brush out! Hope there’s not too much of an echo in here on Saturday, plenty of foreign accents I suspect :grin:

The Dip wrote:
Corpaboy wrote:
overthepondexile wrote:Had to go back to my program archive and share this.
It was the wet and cold that night. Look at the team list. Bobby Charlton didn't play for us that night. Some great legends there.
There are also a few autographs on this one as well from the night. I think its Mark Kendall next to the team list.
I was at that game !!! Stood on the Cromwell End and remember thinking how big Joe Corregans hands were !!!
I was a ball boy that game, I got bloody soaked in front of the old Cromwell end, the tracksuit fitted perfectly, unfortunately. The referee (Howard King) asked if I was ok second half (not a fan of my drowned rat impression!!) and I think he blew up early that game , thankfully
Wow I actually remember that. I think you were slightly to the left of the goal looking from the pitch towards the Cromwell End. You were soaked. Ref blew the whistle at about 79 minutes if I remember rightly. Wow

Good Evening!

Wow! Pep says in some areas we are stronger than them! Did he say that? Or did I just think that’s what he said?

That gives me all the hope I need! He thinks we can do it!

Dare to dream! At 0-0 we can dream, because I guarantee, at some point it will be 0-0, they will be being held 0-0 by little Newport County! MY Newport County!

At 0-0 we can all dream of what might be, cheer every tackle, every pass and every effort by our boys in Amber.

If we do concede, it’s only one, we will try harder, we will up our work rate, we could get a corner....we are good at corners now.. and in some areas we are stronger than them... Pep said, I heard him...so we might score from a corner... and then it’s 1-1 , which is like 0-0, but with goals...so we can dream again..because Pep said we are stronger than them...I like Pep.

Phil in Northampton

Good Evening!

Wow! Pep says in some areas we are stronger than them! Did he say that? Or did I just think that’s what he said?

That gives me all the hope I need! He thinks we can do it!

Dare to dream! At 0-0 we can dream, because I guarantee, at some point it will be 0-0, they will be being held 0-0 by little Newport County! MY Newport County!

At 0-0 we can all dream of what might be, cheer every tackle, every pass and every effort by our boys in Amber.

If we do concede, it’s only one, we will try harder, we will up our work rate, we could get a corner....we are good at corners now.. and in some areas we are stronger than them... Pep said, I heard him...so we might score from a corner... and then it’s 1-1 , which is like 0-0, but with goals...so we can dream again..because Pep said we are stronger than them...I like Pep.

Phil in Northampton