Re: GRANDSTAND: EXILES v MANCHESTER CITY FA CUP 5TH ROUND

overthepondexile wrote:Had to go back to my program archive and share this.
It was the wet and cold that night. Look at the team list. Bobby Charlton didn't play for us that night. Some great legends there.
There are also a few autographs on this one as well from the night. I think its Mark Kendall next to the team list.
What an amazing bit of memorabilia...thanks for sharing...Upon closer scrutiny the Farewell dinner is "Men Only". The mind can only boggle! :grin:

mad norm wrote:
It was the wet and cold that night. Look at the team list. Bobby Charlton didn't play for us that night. Some great legends there.
There are also a few autographs on this one as well from the night. I think its Mark Kendall next to the team list.
What an amazing bit of memorabilia...thanks for sharing...Upon closer scrutiny the Farewell dinner is "Men Only". The mind can only boggle! :grin:

Len Ashurst's two most expensive mistakes, Waddle and Johnson on the bench.

I was at that game !!! Stood on the Cromwell End and remember thinking how big Joe Corregans hands were !!!

overthepondexile wrote:Yes I was at the Cromwell end that night as well. I have never been so wet watching a game. I remember Len's emotional thank-you over the PA. I tried to keep the program dry but that whats given it its worn look.

I will look in my attic to see if I can find my copy of the programme. If I do .you can have it as I have thousands of old programmes there , not thousands of copies of that particular programme.

Corpaboy wrote:
I was at that game !!! Stood on the Cromwell End and remember thinking how big Joe Corregans hands were !!!
I was a ball boy that game, I got bloody soaked in front of the old Cromwell end, the tracksuit fitted perfectly, unfortunately. The referee (Howard King) asked if I was ok second half (not a fan of my drowned rat impression!!) and I think he blew up early that game , thankfully

Hello everyone - apologies if this isn't the right place for this post but I'm a trainee broadcast journalist looking to speak to any fans that might be around in Newport tomorrow. It's for a TV piece we are working on for CJS News - it's a university project so won't actually be aired on telly but we'd love to include some of the excitement i'm sure you're all feeling! If anyone is available to speak please email or text/call Joe Pugh on joepughmedia@mail.com or 07506696408

Thanks!