Re: Exiles Grandstand Crewe

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote:
Amberexile wrote:There was never a doubt this referee would give them a penalty if he could find any excuse to so why why why give him an excuse especially from a ball that posed no threat at all?
Who was the ref?

No idea but hopeless.
For those asking we changed too late, at 2:1 we chased another then tried to shut up shop after the till had been raided and cocked that up too
In your view was it a penalty?
To be honest I don't know. From 80 yards away it is difficult if not impossible to tell. What I will say is that in 80 odd minutes the referee didn't once stop the restart to have a 5&9 discussion then gave a pen for a corner that was always drifting out for a goal kick with nobody having a chance of getting near it

I totally agree that our midfield seems to be our weak link, and considering the fitness prospects of "possibly" our best two central midfielders, this area needs addressing urgently, whilst meaning no disrespect to Bakinson, he is a promising player that needs "nursing" particularly from a confidence perspective. Both Dolan and Bennett whilst both offering certain qualities (as they both did with some aplomb last weekend) are obviously not the long term answer......Please sort it ASAP :(

Amberexile wrote:
Ugo. wrote:Flynn says he was forced to take Semenyo off - "we had to take Antoine off because the referee said one more foul and he was going to send him off"

https://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/sport ... ref=twtrec
Which shows how out of control the referee was today.
But where was Vashon.Many thought he was unlucky not to start.He is a left sided player,perfect to replace Semenyo.Who played there last 10/15 minutes?

Percy plunkett wrote:
Amberexile wrote:
Ugo. wrote:Flynn says he was forced to take Semenyo off - "we had to take Antoine off because the referee said one more foul and he was going to send him off"

https://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/sport ... ref=twtrec
Which shows how out of control the referee was today.
But where was Vashon.Many thought he was unlucky not to start.He is a left sided player,perfect to replace Semenyo.Who played there last 10/15 minutes?
With 20:20 hindsight, Butler was worse player on pitch, Vashon could not have played worse